Re-learn TPMS after tire rotation?

Certainly is possible. Any way you can tell if they are TPMS just by looking at the valve stem? I know it actually sits inside the rim just looking for best case scenario  
I'm not sure if you can tell without actually removing the tire. Maybe take it to a dealer and have them check it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

dealer can check, they have a tool that will even show the serial number of the tpms, I saw a video where they were using it to prove ownership when recovering stolen wheels.
Ending up getting a hold of the guy that sold me them... He removed them, problem solved. Looks like I'll have to pick some up.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have been getting the best deals on tires from America's Tire store and they include free lifetime wheel balancing (important with heavy truck tires) and free tire rotation. About 25% of the time the guy remembers to redo the pressure sensors so I have to check when I first get into the truck that are is correct. If not I get the fellow to correct the settings and he uses the electronic device to do this.

I have done this myself when I realized the problem only after getting home and although letting the air out is simple enough it drops the tire pressure by more than 5 PSI per tire and so I need to get out the electric compressor and add air to each tire. My truck's tires take 80 PSI and most gas stations' compressors are not up to the task so I have my own Viair 400P compressor. Easiest to have the tire store do the rotation and rebalancing every 5,000 miles.

• 6 months later...

I'm still having problems with a relearn tool for the TSPM on a 2014 Silverado I don't want to go to a dealer the tool they recommend is close to a $1000.00 I do almost all the work on my truck and I know someone out there has mastered the way of relearning the location of the tires at a lower cost please can you help me out or maybe GM want's to rethink what they are doing so us monkey wrench guys can work on our own trucks because they are a part of our family ?

I'm still having problems with a relearn tool for the TSPM on a 2014 Silverado I don't want to go to a dealer the tool they recommend is close to a $1000.00 I do almost all the work on my truck and I know someone out there has mastered the way of relearning the location of the tires at a lower cost please can you help me out or maybe GM want's to rethink what they are doing so us monkey wrench guys can work on our own trucks because they are a part of our family ?
Did you buy the TPMS tool? If so you begin with driver tire, second passenger front then passenger rear and last driver rear

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Did you actually buy a re-learn tool listed above?

Most of the posts in this thread are written by people who’ve bought a tool from Amazon or EBay who’ve had success.

There’s also a video showing the procedure on relearning the sensor positions in case you’re having a problem with the tool.

Kinda seems like you didn’t bother reading the old posts and would just like everything spoon fed to you.

21 hours ago, Skinner said:

Go to a dealer and politely ask them if they can relearn the TPMSS after you had the tires rotated.  I did, and they did it for free, Took all of 30 seconds.  

On a side note, I bought a cheap tpms tool on amazon and have yet to use it.  I need to rotate my tires here soon, so it might happen today.  Lol.

On 7/7/2018 at 1:43 PM, Skinner said:

Shell out the $13 here:

http://www.tpmstoolshop.com/wholesale/el-50448-auto-tire-pressure-monitor-sensor.html

You need to put your DIC into relearn mode.  The Owners Manual tells you how to do this.  I use this tool very often on 3 different GM vehicles without any problems.  The whole process to relearn all 4 tires takes about 30 seconds ...

• 1 month later...

Without the tool, this Relearn seems a bit of a pain      :loser:.... considering that the TPMS valves themselves are pricy.

One would think at this price they could learn the damn pressure in the tire themselves after a few miles.