LED Aftermarket Reverse Lights / Pods

does anyone know if it is possible to wire the reverse lights to BOTH a swtich AND the reverse lights? Don't want to have to flip a switch everytime I back up the truck but also want to be able to flash irritating tailgaters and use as work lights behind the truck. Just waiting for my 2014 Sierra to come in and then I can start to experiment with some of these things. Thanks

MIke, I am a new member and just catching up on some of these posts, I posted this to another members thread but saw your question after. THe wiring harness in this kit will achieve this. THe lights are not the greatest compared to the LED’s that are out now, but I have used this kit on previous trucks years ago and the system works perfectly for what you are looking to do. Not sure if the harness is available on it’s own….

KC Hilites 517 26 Series Backup/Flood Light

For those wanting their LEDs to light when in reverse with option to turn on anytime via dash switch, the wiring is pretty simple. Two basic methods:

1) Install standard switch (SPST) and a diode between LED's and stock reverse power

2) Install a "3-way" switch (SPDT).

I'll post wiring diagrams tonight after work.

• Like 1

Ordered these for my truck:

Rigid Industries SR-Q Flush Mount Back Up Light Kit

This new lighting kit includes everything you need to install a pair of Rigid Industries back-up lights on your vehicle: Two LED lights, and extended 25' wiring harness hardware and black covers. This kit features our patented Hybrid optics system combined with a Diffused lens, to offer a powerful 60deg beam pattern for unmatched visibility.

Specifications:

Watts: 20

Amp Draw: 1.45

LED's: 4

Raw Lumens: 1568

Lux @ 10m: 19.3

Beam Distance: 87.9 m

Peak Beam Intensity: 1,931 cd

There's not much clearance between the plastic & metal, so you'll have to buy lights that'll fit (like NitroDatsik did below)

2yhy9u2a.jpg

This is what i wanted to do...but what is the name and part# of these lights. Surprised aftermarket has not made a polished diamond plate step with integrated light yet...

Edited by EXSlider400

This is what i wanted to do...but what is the name and part# of these lights. Surprised aftermarket has not made a polished diamond plate step with integrated light yet...

He listed exactly what he bought the very next post after the one you just quoted

o...crap sorry, just saw the youtube video with the front of a truck and not the link...

All i needed was 2 and saw 2 10w for about same cost here:

http://www.amazon.com/Susenstore-Daytime-Reverse-Backup-Parking/dp/B00HA1TWTW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_2/189-9124386-2000106?ie=UTF8&refRID=1YH9DSNGPBWCSZ1MQTK2

61n5KiaJHEL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks for the info.

Edited by EXSlider400

Ordered these for my truck:

Rigid Industries SR-Q Flush Mount Back Up Light Kit

This new lighting kit includes everything you need to install a pair of Rigid Industries back-up lights on your vehicle: Two LED lights, and extended 25' wiring harness hardware and black covers. This kit features our patented Hybrid optics system combined with a Diffused lens, to offer a powerful 60deg beam pattern for unmatched visibility.

Specifications:

Watts: 20

Amp Draw: 1.45

LED's: 4

Raw Lumens: 1568

Lux @ 10m: 19.3

Beam Distance: 87.9 m

Peak Beam Intensity: 1,931 cd

Any pictures of results yet? Or still waiting on delivery/time to install and take pictures? Just curious. I'm looking at the non-flush mount kit to put under my bumper. Don't want to go cutting into the truck yet whenever I can avoid it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any pictures of results yet? Or still waiting on delivery/time to install and take pictures? Just curious. I'm looking at the non-flush mount kit to put under my bumper. Don't want to go cutting into the truck yet whenever I can avoid it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No pics yet, waiting on a friend to let me have access to his plasma cuter so i can notch out the bumper. At this rate I may just take them and have the shop that installed my grille install them.

• 1 month later...

post-130621-139991543336_thumb.jpgpost-130621-139991545254_thumb.jpgtyreneja.jpgpost-130621-139991548293_thumb.jpg

Ok these are my 2x 7 inch light bars drilled into hitch. On a relay and fuses and on a single pole double throw switch meaning on-off-on switch. First on is tapped into the reverse light and only one when placed in reverse and off is totally off and the 2nd on is for all time on ( for the a**hole on the road). Cost was 130$ for both without wires and relay. Any questions or pictures on wiring let me know

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

post-130621-139991543336_thumb.jpg

post-130621-139991545254_thumb.jpg

post-130621-139991548293_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sharp. Let's see a daytime pick. I enjoy the second option for the 'tailgate happy' folks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

I'm getting a switch ordered off ebay then I'll post the picture. Some maybe less than a week and by then I'll have my n fab Nurf bars placed

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

For those wanting their LEDs to light when in reverse with option to turn on anytime via dash switch, the wiring is pretty simple. Two basic methods:

1) Install standard switch (SPST) and a diode between LED's and stock reverse power

2) Install a "3-way" switch (SPDT).

I'll post wiring diagrams tonight after work.

do you have the wiring diagrams Moto?