2014+ Color Match Topic

If you were down in Houston I could send you to someone good...

You know what... I may just ship the grille down to Houston to be painted with how tough this is proving to be. I don't know how so many different places don't know how to get this done. I even offered to not hold them accountable if it does start to flake and chip, nobody will touch them.

Edited by SB09

You know what... I may just ship the grille down to Houston to be painted with how tough this is proving to be. I don't know how so many different places don't know how to get this done. I even offered to not hold them accountable if it does start to flake and chip, nobody will touch them.

Progressive Autosports

14037 Stuebner Airline Rd, Houston, TX 77069

(281) 893-1134

http://www.progressiveautosports.com/

Ask for Taza and let him know you were referred by the guy that he did fender flares for on a 2014 (he is a friend of a friend).

I will tell you that they will want a piece of your vehicle to color match along with the paint code. I left him with my tailgate. If hes not comfortable with shipping he may be able to do it in one day if you get there early enough, you'll just have to ask when you call. They do excellent work and almost every car they have in there is high end luxury or exotic sports cars. I planned on taking my chrome pieces to him...

If a shop isn't comfortable doing the work I would look else-ware because they probably aren't experienced enough. I find it strange you're having such a hard time since they are just plastic pieces.

Call Hollywood Paint and Body in Garland they will get you taken care of. That's who I use when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to do it myself...FYI I called them to do mine but they won't warranty it so I wasn't going to shell out the bucks when I can do it myself with no warranty

I'm not opposed to DIY if you don't mind divulging what you used on yours? I have the same color truck.

Edited by SB09

Anyone paint CM remove/replace the body side molding - I do not like the chrome but want something to help protect the doors...darn kids!

These look interesting -

http://beaverstripes.com/shop/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=2014%20sierra&inc_subcat=0&sort=20a&page=1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Looks like the folks that have the standard colors (red, white, black, silver) can get already color matched grilles and headlight surrounds. Shopchevyparts.com has them listed now for 245 I think... wish they had brown!

http://www.shopchevyparts.com/2014/all-new-silverado-1500-c-26_2519_2520.html

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Edited by RKeeper1

not technically color matching but I did do plasti dip for anyone wondering how it looks when it comes out of a paint gun... did the grill, lower valence (part where the tow hooks are) dipped the window trim, door handles, wheels, and mirror caps as well as the emblems, and removed the rest of the chrome off

IMG_1842_zpsb3e6305f.jpg

IMG_1864_zpsea80d87e.jpg

IMG_1865_zps1e66e880.jpg

IMG_1873_zps469cb944.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like the folks that have the standard colors (red, white, black, silver) can get already color matched grilles and headlight surrounds. Shopchevyparts.com has them listed now for 245 I think... wish they had brown!

http://www.shopchevyparts.com/2014/all-new-silverado-1500-c-26_2519_2520.html

Do you know if this includes the headlight trim? Everyone i've talked to seems to think its just the grille surround

No I dont know but the picture shows the heqdlight trim too but it states "grille". Something to ask them. They dont have brown or id be calling to figure it out

• Like 1

If this includes the headlight surround and/or the headlight surround is available I might be willing to just buy the OEM parts which should be covered under warranty and get rid of my DIY job

found this thread of a white one installed (not sure if I'm aloud to post links so we'll see)

http://www.silveradosierra.com/exterior/frt-grill-2014-silverado-ltz-t256674.html

it is just the grill and not the headlight surrounds so I'd have to assume the price is for the grille only...which defeats the purpose in my opinion if they don't have the headlight surrounds available

Edited by baggedlvintegra

I have a question in on this and will post when I know more...the more I dig into this I notice the generic pics with the oem P/Ns show the headlight trim paint matched as well so I'd have to think its available or they wouldn't use those "misleading" pics

Edited by baggedlvintegra