2014+ Color Match Topic

• 1 month later...

Hello,

So i went to a Paint shop in my local town and when i asked to get a quote for painting my Front Bumper & Rear Bumper he recommended to not paint over the chrome because it would just chip off in a couple years. Has anyone else been told this or seen this on their Truck ?

i would like to hear how yours turned out and is lasting. i plan on having mine painted "Fire Red" to match - also any luck with the fender well pieces? mine our currently black.

Oh and how is everyone painting the inside of their headlights.

post-171530-0-96185600-1491705781_thumb.jpg

Edited by RyanPiatt

• 1 month later...

I finally got my grille and headlights. I installed this past Sunday, and I am loving the look!!! I thought I wanted to do the bumpers also one day, but I think I like this amount of chrome... The grille was just too much for me. I'm wanting to lift level the front and throw in a new intake and muffler next.

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

How long have you had the color match and how has the paint held up with the work truck grille?? Thinking of color matching my grille but want to see how the WT grille has held up

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
mirror caps are next! looks awesome

My chrome front bumper has been painted white for 2 years now and barely have any rock chips. Is held up really well. The inside of the Headlights on mine I used just regular rustoleum white gloss paint and it looks fine. 1e2ff3eb7eda97bf276c7f6de6f522c3.jpg

2014 Silverado 2WT 4.3 V6
Instagram @egroj_legnar
YouTube.com/jorge_dropkick_rangel

On 4/28/2016 at 10:00 PM, ejehle91 said:

More pictures! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks awesome! Did they just paint over the chrome? How are your parking sensors working after getting them painted? Is that Cubs blue?

Looks awesome! Did they just paint over the chrome? How are your parking sensors working after getting them painted? Is that Cubs blue?

Yeah they sanded the chrome and painted over on everything besides the bumpers. I had to buy a primed bumper for a high country and then they painted that. Almost 2 years later I have plenty of rock chips tho. You can’t tell unless you really look for them when it just got cleaned. I wouldn’t call it Cubs blue but close enough to where I HAD to get Cubs plates! Still worth it and if need be I will just have a touch up job in the future to get rid of the chips. I don’t have the confidence I myself can dab the touch up stuff on there and make it look okay.

• 6 months later...

I did my 2014 silverado color match. I spent alot of time looking for a used painted bumper and found a rear one on craiglist and picked it up for 200. was a 2017 silver bumper, and yes, 2016+ fit 2014 just fine. I then purchased a paintable front bumper online four about 350 without any of the interior parts, so the mounting brackets and plastics and other parts i had to transfer from my original bumper to the new one. I got them painted for about $300 and put it all together. here is the finished product!

IMG_7029.JPG.jpeg

IMG_7207.JPG.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, allblack16 said:

Black everything and smoked my tails, turns, and corner markers.

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

Look's good -  I have 3m clear film on the bumper / grill & 8" strip on the hood . NO rock chips , still look's new 3 yrs later . something to think about.