2014+ Color Match Topic

Thank you sir, I agree the white surround gives it a classier look imo which matches WDT. While black does look a lot more aggressive, and I loved black, it was fading and chipping so I went with white this time around (gotta love plasti dip) and I do like it!

• Like 2

I usually used as many coats of white as I saw necessary to cover the piece being painted. Usually 2-3 thicker coats

Mike

You indicate that 3-5 coats of "Pearlizer would enhance that WDT look. However, In your opinion. What number of coats worked for you in respect to the white?

I've been looking everywhere to get the chrome tailgate handle but just the handle everywhere I look the offered the whole setup (with the bezel) I just want the handle but can't seem to find it reason being I'm gonna have a shop paint to match the whole bezel and handle then I just like to put the chrome handle on top of the painted handle

Ebay has them for $12... Look under the seller galaxymoto
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone done a color match on a sunset metallic orange truck? I've been looking into getting it done along with a high Country grill swap, but I'd like to see it before I jump in

Theres a build log on the forum for a sunset orange truck thats going to sema.

Edit: Just found the build log on here but it hasn't been updated in months. Here is a link to the build log on another forum which as been updated.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Edited by crafferty
  • Like 1

Has anyone done a color match on a sunset metallic orange truck? I've been looking into getting it done along with a high Country grill swap, but I'd like to see it before I jump in

My buddy had his grill and bumpers professionally painted to match. 3b7ccff0fc9b97777b24f319e463c9d6.jpge8404e9fd6e6f0aa67c9e9e27ea9f19b.jpg48a501858f9b3005d54549ddd74e6eec.jpg
  • Like 5

I'm always impressed as to how good these K2XX trucks look with color matched bumpers and grills. Here's a couple pictures I found of an orange, red and forest green K2XX with color matched front ends.

Red

gallery_136282_3634_44719.jpg

Forest Green

gallery_136282_3634_4268.jpg

Edited by crafferty
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For those that have done this how much harder is it to keep it from chipping? I mean without clear bra or wax or some sort of protective coating i feel like i'd be pulling my hair out from regular driving.

Giving thought of getting it done when i get my truck repaired from the wreck.

• 1 month later...