2014+ Color Match Topic

I have a question in on this and will post when I know more...the more I dig into this I notice the generic pics with the oem P/Ns show the headlight trim paint matched as well so I'd have to think its available or they wouldn't use those "misleading" pics

Yes you would be right, but that wouldn't be the first time we would be mislead by something we saw on the internet. Technically the headlight trim isn't made to be removed, but can, its more of a custom mod. In my opinion everything seems to point to the fact that its just the grille, I would think a color matched headlight trim would be more along the lines of a custom color matched set of headlights..

This page from chevy's official site, refers to it as just the grille, if that's the case its dumb as hell..

http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado-1500-pickup-truck/accessories.html

It seems as if the color matched, un-chromed look is the trend these days. Post some pics of trucks you've seen or your own personal truck that has been color matched, whether its something small or large post it up!

05E1A9AF-2739-4E4A-A8C3-C1D8B5F29C88_zps

2f0ac3b5-c04c-44f6-ac94-e76f0a43ee30_zps

7a7bc9da-2572-4d37-bf3c-cecea4718f15_zps

1E632550-1392-4D40-B55F-FC00C9B2BE63_zps

23B497A0-35C1-4696-A48E-577483003039_zps

945195_10152157375012059_863496765_n_zps

9022FBB7-792A-44BD-8E09-BFBBF04A271C_zps

0ED42BB9-F12D-4855-9996-1AB4366EE8AA_zps

ED7EE2EE-8B74-44BF-A5AC-A51EAB6270BA_zps

D8FBBA1E-09C7-40B1-94DC-5189E7A7D1F2_zps

7EB2591A-CE70-4506-9BE2-2980449D8F96_zps

c7ac525d-bb08-4e82-adba-3b2b783a46fd_zps

where in Houston can I take my truck to have my bumpers color matched?

Where in Houston can I get my chrome bumpers from the ltz color matched?

Progressive Autosports

14037 Stuebner Airline Rd, Houston, TX 77069

(281) 893-1134

http://www.progressiveautosports.com/

Ask for Taza and let him know you were referred by the guy that he did fender flares for on a 2014 (he is a friend of a friend).

I will tell you that they will want a piece of your vehicle to color match along with the paint code. I left him with my tailgate. If hes not comfortable with shipping he may be able to do it in one day if you get there early enough, you'll just have to ask when you call. They do excellent work and almost every car they have in there is high end luxury or exotic sports cars. I planned on taking my chrome pieces to him...

If a shop isn't comfortable doing the work I would look else-ware because they probably aren't experienced enough. I find it strange you're having such a hard time since they are just plastic pieces.

Do you know if this includes the headlight trim? Everyone i've talked to seems to think its just the grille surround

I submitted a ticket asking this question. Awaiting response. :nonod:

Hello,

Sorry it is just the grille.

That headlight trim is not under the GM Accessories. It may be a regular part. You would have to contact your local dealer to get that part number.

Happy Motoring,

Patrick Wheeler

ShopChevyParts.com

Edited by bigsapper
  • Like 1

I submitted a ticket asking this question. Awaiting response. :nonod:

Hello,

Sorry it is just the grille.

That headlight trim is not under the GM Accessories. It may be a regular part. You would have to contact your local dealer to get that part number.

Happy Motoring,

Patrick Wheeler

ShopChevyParts.com

Haha I messaged them too, I specifically asked "is this the grille ONLY or does it include the headlight trim?" he replied and just said "YES"

YES WHAT? lol

• Like 1

where in Houston can I take my truck to have my bumpers color matched?

there is a place in alvin that i get any custom painting done at. this guy does pretty good work for a decent price. he painted my gmt800 bumper plastics, they came out smooth and matched pretty well. i would advise you though if you get it painted to put a clear bra over it still because it will chip.

the place is alamo collision repair or alamo paint and body... anyways it's off highway 6 and business 35 pretty much. owners name is robert, pretty knowledgeable guy and he knows what he is doing.

Talked to a local body shop about painting my chrome bumpers and he said it can't be done... so the search for someone who knows how to do it continues

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Find a powder coat place

I just took my bumpers in to get powder coated, $100 a bumper.

Edited by Kennedy81

Yeah brownstone is going to be difficult. It's not cost effective but if I was you I'd have the bumpers powdercoated flat black then have somebody paint the brownstone over it..Your best shot at longevity but pricey

On the OEM grill debate there still may be hope..my guy says the schematic shows the headlight bezels, still waiting on one last verification and then I'll be ordering...I'll keep y'all posted

Edited by baggedlvintegra