2014+ Color Match Topic

Im going to have to drive to work without bumpers or grill assembly cause I'm getting impatient.. Loving that emblem to looks good. Color match is so clean looking.

Anyone with color matching done what did it cost you? Just curious if I'm getting a decent deal or not from my local body shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im going to have to drive to work without bumpers or grill assembly cause I'm getting impatient.. Loving that emblem to looks good. Color match is so clean looking. Anyone with color matching done what did it cost you? Just curious if I'm getting a decent deal or not from my local body shop. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was quoted $320 for the grille, headlight bezels and sanding and painting the tailgate handle.

Anyone have the part numbers for work truck model headlight Bezels and grille? I don't want to paint my chrome ones and have it flake

If you take it to the right person it wont, call around and find someone who has done it before. I've had mine done on my 2005 silverado and drove it for 2 years no issues with the paint chipping over the chrome areas.

Just dropped my bumpers off this morning for powdercoat. Found a new shop that got tons of positive reviews and they are only charging $75 for both bumpers...I will say this for anybody taking the bumpers off for color matching it is a major pain in the ass with all the plastic clips and fasteners, plus you have to lift the bed off the frame just to remove the rear bumper

Photoshop teaser of the finished product once I get it all back together

My%20Truck%20Chop%20High%20Res%20FINAL_z

Edited by baggedlvintegra
  • Like 1

I've had plenty of vehicles with the chrome painted. I believe they put a coat of something "etching" not sure, and on the chrome plastics they put a flex agent? But mine have held up in the past. As a grow older though im getting more anal so i'll probably clear bra the painted parts in the front once they are done.

"As a grow older though im getting more anal so i'll probably clear bra the painted parts in the front once they are done."

that is defiantly the key... Clear Bra I have rocked painted bumpers and painted grilles for a long time... No matter how well the surface is preped, it will get chips in it from driving.... rocks etc.