Jan 2014 Rebates

Has anyone heard what the rebates will be on the Sierra's, ideally the SLT for January 2014? I know the "Bonus Cash" etc expired today, with a total rebate of $3,750. Have the new rebates been released? I personally see the truck I'd like, but it's a bit too much than I prefer to spend. If a few more rebates are released I do think I will pull the trigger.

What are the chances they go down, stay the same, or increased? If not this month when is the next increase likely?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total incentives that ended today was $7450 on some of the trucks. I traded in my 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 and pick up the 2014 GMC Sierra Double Cab SLE Z71 tomorrow.

GM usually doesn't announce new incentives until a few days after the old ones expire. I would expect the new incentives to be released around the 7th or 8th of January. March is GM's national truck month I believe, which should be the best incentives until the 15's come out. If they have inventory and last months sales were slow, maybe we will get some good ones this month. I sure hope so as my SLT should get delivered this month.

A F-150 sounds more and more tempting. I decided to wait and see what the rebates change to, this is very disappointing. I was offered ~ $12k off on a f150 and a fair trade in for my truck. The same day I was only offered $2500 off a Sierra Denali (including rebates). The Denali was nice, but not $11k nicer than the platinum f150.

IMHO you really cant compare the 13/14 F-150 Platinium to the 14 Denali. With the improvements in interior/ride/electronics/power plants I felt the 2014 GM was much better than the F150, and I drove both. That being said, the F150 Platinum is a really nice truck, so if $ is the determining factor, you probably have a point. To make a fair comparison, price and feature wise, you would have to wait till the '15 F150 comes out. Personally, I keep a vehicle for 10 years, so price is not the deciding factor for me. As for any problems with the 14 GM....I have had none!

The rebates will be sky high on an F150 since it's well known a redesign is on the way...while the truck is still a good choice, it's a lame duck and the only way it will move and remain competitive is to stack mad rebates on it.

F150 limited is still a better value if you can get it for 10k less

Touch less entry (key fob in pocket)

Automatic wipers in rain

Heated back seat

Auto dim headlights

Tailgate locks with the doors (not positive on this one)

Ambient lighting

IMOO you really cant compare the 13/14 F-150 Platinium to the 14 Denali. With the improvements in interior/ride/electronics/power plants I felt the 2014 GM was much better than the F150, and I drove both. That being said, the F150 Platinum is a really nice truck, so if $ is the determining factor, you probably have a point. To make a fair comparison, price and feature wise, you would have to wait till the '15 F150 comes out. Personally, I keep a vehicle for 10 years, so price is not the deciding factor for me. As for any problems with the 14 GM....I have had none!

My avalanche rides smoother than the Denali, In my opinion the ride in the f150 was comparable to the Denali. The Denali I drove had the off road package, not sure if that changes the ride or not. I like the looks of the Denali better, and the 6.2l engine is better then the ecoboost, but otherwise I see it being comparable, with each vehicle having its own pros and cons.

If they made the f150 limited with a long bed, I would be a ford owner already.

F150 limited is still a better value if you can get it for 10k less

Touch less entry (key fob in pocket)

Automatic wipers in rain

Heated back seat

Auto dim headlights

Tailgate locks with the doors (not positive on this one)

Ambient lighting

Heated back seats, that was quite impressive. The power running boards are nice as we'll, although I am not sure if I would want them.

I just heard back from my dealer I'm working with, and the rebates for the month of January went from $3,750 to $2,750. I think its laughable how I have seen many of the exact same trucks on the lot for (4) months now.... with $50,000+ MSRP and clearly they are not being sold. BUT, G.M thinks it's wise to raise the cost of the truck and then reduce the rebate????

As a loyal and longtime GM Owner (And one who has $2,600 in GM Credit card points off a new vehicle) I just got off the phone with a Ford dealer in town and going to look at the 2014 Platinum. Not saying I end up buying a Ford, but I definitely will be making my trip into the Ford, Toyota dealership.

I made the mistake of test driving a Ford, I am a die hard Gm guy but that Ford Lariat with the 5.0 for

way less money seems like the way to go for me. Not sure i can actually buy the Ford but it sure is tempting.

They are a great proven truck, it doesn help to read all the negative stuff on here about the new chevy's.

I have 3500 in GM points but the Ford is still a great deal right now.

Gm will have to jack up the rebates in spring I think------just my opinion!!!!!

I just heard back from my dealer I'm working with, and the rebates for the month of January went from $3,750 to $2,750. I think its laughable how I have seen many of the exact same trucks on the lot for (4) months now.... with $50,000+ MSRP and clearly they are not being sold. BUT, G.M thinks it's wise to raise the cost of the truck and then reduce the rebate????

As a loyal and longtime GM Owner (And one who has $2,600 in GM Credit card points off a new vehicle) I just got off the phone with a Ford dealer in town and going to look at the 2014 Platinum. Not saying I end up buying a Ford, but I definitely will be making my trip into the Ford, Toyota dealership.

Do you know the breakdown of the $2750? I only see a $750 rebate for the Sierra on the GMC website.

Archived