Assist Steps / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

Heres the Westin HDX installed on my 17 LTZ.

Fairly easy install, would have been a lot easier if the damn brackets were labeled, didn't even use the instructions as they were not very understandable. Also had hell getting one of the bolts started, ended up being some slag inside of the bolt hole on the running board.

Not a fan of the way any boards look but couldn't justify the Amp researches, i also have a a very expensive gun and watch addiction I need to feed lol.

pxIBdGY.jpg

0JVcWBa.jpg

• Like 1

Looking to buy a set of amp steps for my 2017 1500.  It currently only has a 2" level but I plan on lifting the truck next year so wanted to just buy them now.  Is anyone running these on a 2" level?  I'm just curious as to how low they drop down when they are in the down position.  

• 2 weeks later...
On October 21, 2017 at 7:47 PM, AcadianaTiger said:

Have you received these yet?  I have found something similar, just worried that it could be too good to be true.

yes i have received and installed them. 100% legit from a verified seller on ebay with 100% feedback so i trusted it. the lowest price i have seen by it now is around 1200 so i got extremely lucky with the no reserve auction.

On 10/6/2017 at 6:47 PM, spoolindawg said:

Heres the Westin HDX installed on my 17 LTZ.

Fairly easy install, would have been a lot easier if the damn brackets were labeled, didn't even use the instructions as they were not very understandable. Also had hell getting one of the bolts started, ended up being some slag inside of the bolt hole on the running board.

Not a fan of the way any boards look but couldn't justify the Amp researches, i also have a a very expensive gun and watch addiction I need to feed lol.

pxIBdGY.jpg

Those steps look great. They hug the rockers nicely.

I installed amp boards on my single cab this last weekend and love them , had to make them fit since they don't make a set for single cab

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

Edited by wing98
  • Like 2

I had to move the rear mounts forward to clear the cab mount , works great had to move it 6 inches and drill new holes it puts the rear mount right where i step so works perfect 

i cut the boards 44 inches 

Edited by wing98
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scuba78 said:

I have a Short GF who is wanting me to get a set...not a fan of any either so...i guess i will pick one that looks good.  Cheaper to get rid of the GF thou...

Nice guy.

:happysad: