Assist Steps / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

Long time lurker here, First THANKS for all the knowledge on here.  From a bed cover to a level kit to reverse lights, you guys have taught me a lot. 

Who has the best price on AMP Research PowerSteps with the plug n play harness for a 17 Sierra 1500 Crew?  The best price that I've found is on EBay for $1259.XX.   

What would a set of the Black nerf bars off a 17 GMC All Terrain Crew be worth?  Excellent Condition on 3217 miles on them. 

On 2/28/2018 at 6:16 PM, HoosierZ said:

I like my DeeZee NXT boards. I wanted the GoRhino RB10 boards but everyone was having issues with the coating peeling. 

They are adjustable in-out 1” so with them slid in they are flush with the stock tires. They are powdercoated aluminum so rust isn’t an issue. I added fillers between the boards and rockers to hide the gap and made some flaps at the front to protect the front doors from rock chips. I’ve had them over a year and they still look like new even after all of the road salt this winter. 

A9ECF26E-C049-42E0-ACF6-713F6A887E23.jpeg

57B339E2-F212-4F14-9930-04736A23276A.jpeg

Hoosiers did you order your Deezee specifically for our model trucks or the Colorado and could I get the dz part number thanks 

Edited by MikeChevyFanatic

5 hours ago, MikeChevyFanatic said:

Hoosiers did you order your Deezee specifically for our model trucks or the Colorado and could I get the dz part number thanks 

The NXTs come in three lengths, reg cab, ext cab, & crew cab. The boards are universal and the brackets are model specific. The ext cab boards are about 3-4” shorter than the cab so I bought the crew cab length. They are a few inches longer than the cab but they are long enough I can put one foot on the board and the other foot on the tire to reach into the front of the bed. 

Need some help.  I am looking at purchasing the Westin HDX Drop Steps or the N-Fab Black Podium steps and wanted to get some feedback from y'all.  Do either or both mount to the frame or the rocker panel?  How long have you had them and are they holding up well?  Would you buy them again? Also, how is the width? I have large feet, size 13 and don't want to have an issue with them fitting on the steps.

I am tired of having rain or snow on the OEM and about bust my a$$ trying to get into the truck with the plastic step pieces.

Thanks!

Edited by Korazu

11 hours ago, Korazu said:

Need some help.  I am looking at purchasing the Westin HDX Drop Steps or the N-Fab Black Podium steps and wanted to get some feedback from y'all.  Do either or both mount to the frame or the rocker panel?  How long have you had them and are they holding up well?  Would you buy them again? Also, how is the width? I have large feet, size 13 and don't want to have an issue with them fitting on the steps.

I am tired of having rain or snow on the OEM and about bust my a$$ trying to get into the truck with the plastic step pieces.

Thanks!

On my old Tahoe, I had put down strips of grip tape on the running boards and had no issues.  Might be something to look at and would be cheaper than new ones. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bndawgs said:

On my old Tahoe, I had put down strips of grip tape on the running boards and had no issues.  Might be something to look at and would be cheaper than new ones. 

Thanks, didn't even think of that.

Thanks Crawl.........I bought them from CARID for $330.  I'm super happy with them

Not bad! Look good and serve the purpose. Don’t want to drop the money on amp stels right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, MallCrawlZ71 said:

Not bad! Look good and serve the purpose. Don’t want to drop the money on amp stels right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I wanted to go with amp steps but couldn't see paying the 1500-2k for them.

Long time lurker here. 

I recently ordered some iArmor rock sliders from carid and I give them a 7/10.

Happy with my purchase, as the woman always complained when getting into my truck, and I'm not ever riding in her new VW bug. She has finally stopped complaining and asking to go in her car. 

Easy installation. They bolt into the body on the prethreaded holes, except for the mount in the rear where U nuts are required. Took about an hour to install by myself. 

I worry about the clearance I lost in that spot though.. I frequently off-road in places where I already scrape bottom. Worried about what will happen now. 

As for myself, being 6ft tall, I never needed the steps, but they can be useful after a work out, although using them really makes me stand tall over the cab. 

Love the aggressive look. Not sure how to clean them... yet. Don't want to use armor all and bust my ass ?