Aftermarket Keyless Fob

Does anyone know if we can program aftermarket two way keyless and command start fobs to our trucks. I would a.) really like to have a two way remote to know when the damn truck starts. (or in the case of our truck remotes - not start from any decent distance) b.) Maybe with a good remote, I'd be able to get some range to start the truck, rather then having to be able to see the truck when I hit the button.

Does anyone know if we can program aftermarket two way keyless and command start fobs to our trucks. I would a.) really like to have a two way remote to know when the damn truck starts. (or in the case of our truck remotes - not start from any decent distance) b.) Maybe with a good remote, I'd be able to get some range to start the truck, rather then having to be able to see the truck when I hit the button.

You can get a Smart Start system that ties into your factory Keyless and Remote Start at Best Buy. Then you would be able to start your truck from anywhere from your phone. Also can change the time that it runs, I think factory time is 10 mins which never gets my truck warm.....

You can get a Smart Start system that ties into your factory Keyless and Remote Start at Best Buy. Then you would be able to start your truck from anywhere from your phone. Also can change the time that it runs, I think factory time is 10 mins which never gets my truck warm.....

You can already start your truck from your smart phone

Or you can use the OnStar app and remote start/unlock/lock your truck from the phone for free

I think even if you dont subscibe to OnStar you can still use remote start and unlock free for 5 years.

Correct-All you have to do is use the app once during the trial period of OnStar and you get access to the remote feature of the app(unlock/lock/horn/remote start) for free for 5 years as the original owner.

Correct-All you have to do is use the app once during the trial period of OnStar and you get access to the remote feature of the app(unlock/lock/horn/remote start) for free for 5 years as the original owner.

Anybody know the answer to this? You download the app on your smart phone or tablet (or both) and use them during the time you have an On-Star subscription and you can use them for five years for lock/unlock/horn/remote start. But what happens if you get a new phone and have to download an app for it, or somehow your app gets corrupted and you have to download it again after your subscription service. Will the new app still work?

I personally like the key my wifes equinox has. Key is bulit into the fob and flips out with the push of a button. Anyone know if I can buy this key and have it cut and programmed to my truck?

I would like to know if this would work too. The new key fob looks nice but is really big and you still have a separate key. Be nice to have the fob with the flip out key.

I would like to know if this would work too. The new key fob looks nice but is really big and you still have a separate key. Be nice to have the fob with the flip out key.

I just took both keys battery compartment off and they seem to be made by the same manufacturer. The key itself is identical. The Silverado key fob just feels cheap to me and is huge.

BTW, mine looks like it as spots for up to 6 buttons but only has 4 Unlock, Lock, Start, and Panic. Do higher trim levels have different buttons? Or maybe this is the same fob they will use for the Tahoe/Suburban.......

Anybody know the answer to this? You download the app on your smart phone or tablet (or both) and use them during the time you have an On-Star subscription and you can use them for five years for lock/unlock/horn/remote start. But what happens if you get a new phone and have to download an app for it, or somehow your app gets corrupted and you have to download it again after your subscription service. Will the new app still work?

I tried this just now on my wifes equinox, she forgot her password. I was able to reset the password online but when I login to the app it gives a contact onstar support error. Tried calling but their support center is closed on sunday. Ill try again tomorrow

I tried this just now on my wifes equinox, she forgot her password. I was able to reset the password online but when I login to the app it gives a contact onstar support error. Tried calling but their support center is closed on sunday. Ill try again tomorrow

So I assume onstar is not active on your wife's equinox anymore? I'll be anxious to see what you find out. Thanks!

Archived