Center console swap?

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab Short Box SLT 4WD. It has the SLT Crew Cab Value Package as the only added Option. Selling Price after rebates and incentives is $37,906 (MSRP $47,500). The only option I wish it had were the Bucket Seats with center console in front. Does anyone know if it is possible to switch out the center part of the front bench and put in the center console? This dealership has the lowest prices I have seen and for me to get an SLT on their lot with bucket seats, it will cost an extra $2,000. I would also not be able to get the Iridium color that I want. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance :)

I thought I'd like the jump seat on mine but, I'd prefer the console in retrospect. I'm not sure but, I think it was said somewhere that it's not an easy feat on the K2's to swap the console in.

Edited by Imcrazy
  • Like 1

my 2014 double ltz appears to have 4 bolts holding the console to the hump on the floor....it's kinda weird how if you were to remove the center, you'd wind up with two seats. like buckets. I really don't understand gm....they have the best truck on the market, but do stupid things . not being to order the options I wanted is whacked out. are the people running gm taking pills that we have never heard of? i ordered my truck with a bench, but don't see how my bench is really a bench at all. i am a big and tall guy and my left shoulder touches the pillar and my right elbow is kinda jammed against the console.....i think they should make a truck that can seat people not test dummies....has anyone heard of or seen a 6'5 and 350lb. test dummy? small people have small minds, i know because i measured one once.. i guess i'll have to get out my sawsall and cut out a place in this truck for me to sit. women and midgets should go back to the kitchen and circus respectively.

• Like 1

Here's a couple pics with my console removed. The dash has a bracket that protrudes where the front of the console bolts to. There were four floor bolts and two in the dash.

Basically you'll need to replace part of the dash.

Order one with buckets, they will deal, just give the negotiation time. They wear you down on purpose, remember to walk away and call them back in a week.

Here's a couple pics with my console removed. The dash has a bracket that protrudes where the front of the console bolts to. There were four floor bolts and two in the dash.

Basically you'll need to replace part of the dash.

Order one with buckets, they will deal, just give the negotiation time. They wear you down on purpose, remember to walk away and call them back in a week.

Had a body shop order a console for me last week. Should be in and put together by middle of next and install week of 4/7. What part of the dash will I need to replace? Did the USB and 110v connections match up with little trouble?

The dash is the same, when i looked it up at work it looked as though you need to buy the console housing the pockets the brackets, trim and the lid all separately. I also was looking at buying a truck with the fold down seat with the plan of just ordering the console. it was cheaper to just buy a truck with the full featured bucket seats as an option to get the console. I am in Canada so build lists may be different then U.S.

I ordered a full center console from GM and I hope it fits in my single cab

What's the part numbers? Dealer is saying they can't get it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk