Center console swap?

Everyone looking into buying the parts needed for this swap may want to give the following website a shot. (www.gmpartsonline.net) I have noticed that their prices seem to be cheaper than all the other GM parts stores online, and their shipping is also cheaper.

Also, waiting to see what is found out about the wiring harness that come with the trucks that have the center console from the factory. I would like to do this, but I want all the plugs on the console to work properly.

Ok, so I went to my parts manager here at the dealership. He said 22995070 F-Console has the harness with it but hes not sure the harness will have a place to connect under the dash. You cannot purchase the harness separate as it should come as part with the console.

are all consoles, not sure of which colors tho.

Edited by 2014MallCrawler

The console kit comes with a harness. It is designed to plug into the IP harness behind where the ash tray would be. The plug in for the jump seat/short console plugs in below the seat. So clearly some rewiring would be necessary. The IP harnesses are different part numbers so it is unlikely that there is a plugin behind the IP if no full console is factory installed. I plan on adding a console to mine in a few weeks so I'll find out how all of this will work. I think all plugs could work except for some USB plugs. Cannot simply splice USB wire I don't think. USB with console has 2 separate plugins at the K74 Human Machine Interface Control Module.

• Like 1

The console kit comes with a harness. It is designed to plug into the IP harness behind where the ash tray would be. The plug in for the jump seat/short console plugs in below the seat. So clearly some rewiring would be necessary. The IP harnesses are different part numbers so it is unlikely that there is a plugin behind the IP if no full console is factory installed. I plan on adding a console to mine in a few weeks so I'll find out how all of this will work. I think all plugs could work except for some USB plugs. Cannot simply splice USB wire I don't think. USB with console has 2 separate plugins at the K74 Human Machine Interface Control Module.

tbarn - if you could keep us updated and even document the install I know it would be greatly appreciated.

FWIW - I just had the parts department call me about something else and the fellow all but refused to even order these parts for me (just a hypothetical as I'm supposed to have access to them at cost). He didn't think any install would work, thought I'd have to buy new seats, thought I'd try to return the parts which we wouldn't allow, and THEN said if they didn't fit I could always decline the charge on my card. Unbelievable customer service there....

I don't think there is one either. looks like it would be a whole different dash harness. I'm more and more surprised at how many Unique parts are in each vehicle. You would think they would have one harness and just use or not use whatever they don't need. However I did notice on my non heated seat truck when I pulled the bezel from around the stereo the heated seat harnesses wires were plugged into the plastic on each side even though there are no buttons... :SMH: lol