Center console swap?

marv, did you end up getting one?

im doing a center console swap today and will have available a black leather jump seat w/white stitching if anyone is interested...truck has less than 1000 miles....brandy new :)

I hit the buy it now button at $300.00 plus shipping as soon as I saw the first one! :D (this is the reason I rarely participate in auctions!)

marv, did you end up getting one?

im doing a center console swap today and will have available a black leather jump seat w/white stitching if anyone is interested...truck has less than 1000 miles....brandy new :)

Just realized you may have been asking if I got the black leather jump seat! That was my original intention while shopping around eBay that day however I happened to come across this console that had just been listed so I hit the buy it now before it turned into an auction gone wild like the one now!

Just realized you may have been asking if I got the black leather jump seat! That was my original intention while shopping around eBay that day however I happened to come across this console that had just been listed so I hit the buy it now before it turned into an auction gone wild like the one now!

early bird gets the worm!....nice find!

• Like 1

Ok guys, I just completed the console swap and it went flawless. I did the top plate that has the 2-12v and 1-3 port usb. I put the 110v in place of the 3 usb port. I still have the 2 usb ports/ 12v under the lid to utilize car play. I went this route so i didnt have to worry about the usb's not funtioning 100% up front, and frankly 2 usbs is plenty for me

As far the wiring goes, not bad at all. I used the wire harness from the jump seat so almost everything was plug and play. I did have to solder the led light and the 12v on the backside of the console. Straight forward and easy to do. Youll nees to unravel some of the original harness to see what wires your working with

I did not remove or loosen the passenger seat either. Yes it was tough to reach and unclip the connector but not horrible

Anyways, couldnt be happier on the final result! This is not that hard to do. A few hours and just under $600 gets you a sweet OEM console

Oh and my all leather jump seat is on ebay if anyone is interested :)

46AC0E60-6671-4A3B-A2F7-FAD4F37E2324_zps

Edited by gotspeed24
  • Like 3

Ok guys, I just completed the console swap and it went flawless. I did the top plate that has the 2-12v and 1-3 port usb. I put the 110v in place of the 3 usb port. I still have the 2 usb ports/ 12v under the lid to utilize car play. I went this route so i didnt have to worry about the usb's not funtioning 100% up front, and frankly 2 usbs is plenty for me

As far the wiring goes, not bad at all. I used the wire harness from the jump seat so almost everything was plug and play. I did have to solder the led light and the 12v on the backside of the console. Straight forward and easy to do. Youll nees to unravel some of the original harness to see what wires your working with

I did not remove or loosen the passenger seat either. Yes it was tough to reach and unclip the connector but not horrible

Anyways, couldnt be happier on the final result! This is not that hard to do. A few hours and just under $600 gets you a sweet OEM console

Oh and my all leather jump seat is on ebay if anyone is interested :)46AC0E60-6671-4A3B-A2F7-FAD4F37E2324_zps

Glad it worked out well! ! Im going to have my seats out anyway since I'm doing the audio install at the same time so it sounds like it will be pretty straight forward.

Great job. You are going to love it. For the life of me, I can't imagine why one wouldn't take a seat out. Two bolts, connector and tip it forward. Out it comes. Piece of cake.

Oh and my all leather jump seat is on ebay if anyone is interested :)46AC0E60-6671-4A3B-A2F7-FAD4F37E2324_zps

Do you by chance have the part number for the trim plate you used? (the part number I found in the other thread is actually the 4 hole plate my console already has).

Nice!!! Send pics!

Will do and there is way more room than I realized so I may install some of my audio gear inside this bad boy!

Finished getting mine installed today. Not too bad at all and no more bouncing/rattling of the jump seat armrest. I just wired up the usb's/12v under the lid and the 110v/12v up front for now since I'll have to take it out while doing my audio install at which time I'll connect the light as well as the second 12v up front (Im going to see if I can disassemble the unused usb's up front so I can mount my bass knob there). Overall it was well worth it and and big thanks to all who contributed tips in this thread as without you guys I doubt I would have taken this on!

post-164287-0-53389500-1500677751_thumb.jpg

• Like 3