Center console swap?

Where are you at? Sounds like East Texas. If that's so, come on by, we will figure it out somehow!!

Tampa Florida. The last couple weeks have been terrible if you have to work outside. I typically am able to handle it but will be glad when it's over this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This forum has helped me a lot with my center console install.. However I have a problem with the cig lighters that are located in the top plate. The original cig lighter works, but the one I jumped power and ground to does not?? I used T Taps to bridge the power and ground.. Any suggestions is appreciated.

This forum has helped me a lot with my center console install.. However I have a problem with the cig lighters that are located in the top plate. The original cig lighter works, but the one I jumped power and ground to does not?? I used T Taps to bridge the power and ground.. Any suggestions is appreciated.

This is the forward most 12v plug coming out of the dash. This plug is 12v (hot) all the time. It was next to the ashtray and 110 outlet. This is where I spliced in the 2nd 12v plug to power the 2 forward most outlets in the new console top plate.

qjtMQG7.jpg

I tied in the new consoles 2 rearward 12v outlets to the original jump seat harness. I was a little surprised being that i have owned this truck almost 2 years now and had no idea that the jump seat 12v outlets were ignition controlled.

5dHTaik.jpg

if your sure on your connections, I would start checking fuses. will have one for the front plugs and one for the rear plugs

• Thanks 1

Ok due to the above pic we may be on to something here. That brown USB female behind the radio should be able to be used for the new console USBs. If i remeber correctly their is a cable inside the jumpseat wire harness i cut out that may be able to work. I have to check when i get home from work. Worst case you can order a brown male ended usb and retain the glove box usb also

• 3 weeks later...