Center console swap?

I think what I will end up doing here...

Leave the factory harness in the Full Center Console intact.  Source the female mate end (42-Way Connector) + Terminals.  Then, using the Jump Seat Harness, I'll keep the connection under the seat as is (will plug in there), then mate it up with the front of the console.  I know this may be a little more work, there is enough of the circuits present in the Jump Seat Harness and will simply want to "plug it in" to the front of the console.  

I'll then add the missing circuits for the Wireless Charging and route that to where it needs to go.   

• Like 2

total newb here, read through the thread and I think I am ready to give it a try.  Just got my "new to me" truck yesterday and had the console delivered last Friday lol.  I love the truck so far and really like the way it rides and handles.  First chevy ever for me, minus the 1972 short bed back in the early 90's, which I only had for 1 month.  I am not overly concerned with all the plugs in the front working, but I am concerned that all the plugs and light works inside the console.  I am by no means a wiring technician, but I think I can do it with all y'alls wonderful tips/comments.  Anyways here is my truck and new console to be installed soon lol.  I had to order the bracket from chevrolet since my console was ordered off ebay from the guy in New Jersey.  I hope all goes well.   

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/25/2017 at 9:29 AM, afireinside7444 said:

Fyi all i ordered the usb cable to remove the glove box usb to feed the console. Delco pn 19303284 from rock auto. First they sent me the wrong one with a brown and black end (proper pn on bag and cable). I returned it and explained i needed the one shown in the picture green and grey. They sent me the proper one but has the same PN as the wrong one...... so the diff cables share the same number. Send yours back for a exchange.

I will be doing this swap soon.  I am planning on sourcing the mate end of the full console connector, leaving that entire harness intact.  Then take the jump seat harness and pin it to the mate end of the full console connector. :)  The end result is a harness that plugs under the passenger seat (X314) and plugs into the Full Console X300 Connector.  I cross referenced all the circuits in the jump seat harness and found them to be present in the console harness.  So this should be Plug and Play.  I'll then include the missing circuits into this harness (Wireless Charging Lid and Compartment Lamp circuits).

I currently use the Glove Box USB Port for my iPhone Cradle.  I am hoping I can maintain this connection AND have the front Dual USB ports active.  I found an open - Brown USB port behind the radio.  I don't know what this is for and plan to source these USB Cables to feed the front USB jacks on the console to this port and see what happens.  If this works, this will make this a fully working console. 

• Like 1

Hello All,

I just joined after spending a good few hours reading this entire thread. I have a 2016 Sierra SLE that I would like to put a console in. I'm bummed to find out after all the great info I gathered here that right off the bat the part numbers listed are discontinued or "won't fit".

Has anyone ventured into this with a newer vehicle? Mind sharing the part numbers you've used? 

Thank You

• Like 1

Hello All,
I just joined after spending a good few hours reading this entire thread. I have a 2016 Sierra SLE that I would like to put a console in. I'm bummed to find out after all the great info I gathered here that right off the bat the part numbers listed are discontinued or "won't fit".

Has anyone ventured into this with a newer vehicle? Mind sharing the part numbers you've used? 

Thank You

I’m not sure if the GMC and the Chevy parts are interchangeable but I’m sure@pgamboa could help you out if they are interchangeable. I know he has a 2016 Silverado. I guess you also honestly could probably try rockauto’s website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Hello All,

Thank You

The reason you get “won’t fit” is because our jump seat plugs into a harness under the passenger seat while the full console plugs in at the front (under the instrument panel). I have two consoles right now and trying to work up a Plug and Play Harness Seat. I’m really close, BUT there will still be some wiring add needed. I have parts coming in early this week and hope to have a fully working solution by end of the week.

But that’s the main reason why it says “won’t fit”. It’ll physically fit, but you won’t be able to easily plug it up without modification.

I’m not sure if the GMC and the Chevy parts are interchangeable but I’m sure[mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] could help you out if they are interchangeable. I know he has a 2016 Silverado. I guess you also honestly could probably try rockauto’s website.

Thanks!! But honestly, I don’t know if any site would be able to provide a true/full working solution. I’m getting really close. Did some test last night and think I’m there. Just ordered some cables. :)

• Like 1

I’m curious if you guys read my write up posted here? 

I put a Silverado console in a 16 Sierra. I took lots of pictures and described in detail what wiring changes were needed to put it in and work. 

If anyone needs help or doesn’t feel comfortable doing the swap, I’ll help where I can. If your any where near Tyler Tx, 75701, hit me up and come on down. 

Edited by b18cx
  • Like 4

I put a Silverado console in a 16 Sierra. I took lots of pictures and described in detail what wiring changes were needed to put it in and work. 

Of if anyone needs help or doesn’t feel comfortable doing the swap, I’ll help where I can. If your any where near Tyler Tx, 75701, hit me up and come on down. 

I read your post and was extremely helpful! I’m in Mckinney and will be finalizing this soon. I’m looking at using the jump seat harness and putting a 42-way connector on the end of it so that it plugs into the console connector :). I will have a total of 5 USBs all together and want all of them to work. I’ve got the mate connector and terminal pins and simply want to “plug it in”. :)

• Like 2

I want to make this as Plug and Play as possible, have all the circuits landed to where they are supposed to land just like it does if it came with it.  For the wireless charging lid and light, I plan to run those circuits from their originating locations and land them onto the 42-way connector I am making.  I also want to note that the left side 12V plug draws its power from a dedicated fuse in the X51L Fuse Panel.  

@b18cx Did you figure out if the brown USB jack behind the radio is usable?  I found that the 2nd port behind the Dual USB in the front of the console can be used and that's I how I intend on keeping the Glove Box USB usable.

If anyone needs help or doesn’t feel comfortable doing the swap, I’ll help where I can. If your any where near Tyler Tx, 75701, hit me up and come on down. 
Been looking for it in here but this thread is huge!
Can you reply w a link?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

I want to make this as Plug and Play as possible, have all the circuits landed to where they are supposed to land just like it does if it came with it.  For the wireless charging lid and light, I plan to run those circuits from their originating locations and land them onto the 42-way connector I am making.  I also want to note that the left side 12V plug draws its power from a dedicated fuse in the X51L Fuse Panel.  

@b18cx Did you figure out if the brown USB jack behind the radio is usable?  I found that the 2nd port behind the Dual USB in the front of the console can be used and that's I how I intend on keeping the Glove Box USB usable.

no info found on the brown connector.

I to wanted to make it as plug and play as possible. But cost was also a factor. Being as I am a veteran mobile electronics installer of 20 plus years, it was simply easier to cut open both harnesses and combine the 2.  

This whole install can be done in less than an hour  and a half and does not require the removal of either front seat. 

I do not see a way to keep the upper glove box usb simply because of the lack of inputs on the hmi. 

Honestly, the most time consuming part was removing the harness from the original jump seat. Being as I had a buyer for it, I didn’t want to break anything. 

Edited by b18cx
  • Like 1

no info found on the brown connector.

I to wanted to make it as plug and play as possible. But cost was also a factor. Being as I am a veteran mobile electronics installer of 20 plus years, it was simply easier to cut open both harnesses and combine the 2.  
This whole install can be done in less than an hour  and a half and does not require the removal of either front seat. 
I do not see a way to keep the upper glove box usb simply because of the lack of inputs on the hmi. 
Honestly, the most time consuming part was removing the harness from the original jump seat. Being as I had a buyer for it, I didn’t want to break anything. 

I can confirm that the Brown USB Jack behind the radio does charge, but only charges one device. If you feed this to either of the Dual Receptacles, it does nothing... even with the 6-pin connector feeding power to it.

It’s a nice cool day today so I’m doing more testing as I write this.

• Like 1