Center console swap?

21 minutes ago, JorgeGomez4462 said:

I try to slide it away but it seems to get stuck on something. Where should I press down for it to fully slide out? I was in there for a good 3 hours I feel dumb and still couldn't get it out. Thanks for your help!

Red clip only slides away about a quarter of an inch.  It will not come completely out.  Then you press down on the black tab and pull connector out.  I know sometimes it helps to push the connector down a little and then push the black tab in and then pull connector out.

What black tab? Pic? Sorry I'm just so frustrated but if you guys have done it I know you have experience. And the things I unplugged from the jumpseat, will they just plug into the console? Like a plug and play type of deal? Thanks!

12 hours ago, JorgeGomez4462 said:

What black tab? Pic? Sorry I'm just so frustrated but if you guys have done it I know you have experience. And the things I unplugged from the jumpseat, will they just plug into the console? Like a plug and play type of deal? Thanks!

From what I understand it is not plug and play, you will need to create a wiring harness by using the jump seat harness and splicing into the console harness.  I am by no means an authority but these guys on here can give you the specifics.  Try reading through pages 74-76 and you will see the splice method.  I will be attempting this this weekend.  

I think the black tab they are referencing is directly in front of the read slide securement?  But I am not sure since I have yet to pull my jump seat out :).  Don't get frustrated you can do it bro!  Be patient and take a break when you feel like destroying the connector :).  

Edited by markusarealuis

On 10/15/2017 at 6:49 PM, Criscone said:

Finally did it! Everything works like a champ. $520 though but so worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does your charging lid charge, and does it show the indicator on the screen?

9 minutes ago, markusarealuis said:

From what I understand it is not plug and play, you will need to create a wiring harness by using the jump seat harness and splicing into the console harness.  I am by no means an authority but these guys on here can give you the specifics.  Try reading through pages 74-76 and you will see the splice method.  I will be attempting this this weekend.  

I think the black tab they are referencing is directly in front of the read slide securement?  But I am not sure since I have yet to pull my jump seat out :).  Don't get frustrated you can do it bro!  Be patient and take a break when you feel like destroying the connector :).  

I think this is the black tab they are referencing. 

Connector.PNG

So I push down on that tab and it will slide out?

No, pull up on the red, then push in on the black tab. Anything with red tabs you pull them up first. It’s a safety lock essentially

• Like 1

Does your charging lid charge, and does it show the indicator on the screen?

No idea, the iPhone X doesn’t come out until end of month so I’ll know then. Trying to find a friend with a wireless charging phone to test it before hand.

Hey guys! I finally got my jumpseat out and installed my Center Console! A very special thanks to Pgamboa for all of the help. He basically did it all! Very helpful guy. Looks awesome and everything is working except the rear cig for people in the back and the 3 front USB but I was okay with those not working since I don't need all of those things to work. Thank you @pgamboa I couldn't of had done it without you! Thanks for your time and all of your help! This guy knows what he's doing.

Edited by JorgeGomez4462

If someone is near Fort Myers, FL area that can do this, I'd pay you guys to do it for me when I'm ready to do it. I can definitely remove the current bench seat but when it comes to connectors and splicing, i'd rather not screw around with electrical 

• Like 1

If someone is near Fort Myers, FL area that can do this, I'd pay you guys to do it for me when I'm ready to do it. I can definitely remove the current bench seat but when it comes to connectors and splicing, i'd rather not screw around with electrical 

I am trying to figure out a harness that will be Plug and Play. I think I am almost there or will get it as close to Plug and Play as possible.

The issue is that I am finding (2) different connectors under the passenger seat... based on year and options.

I am hoping to get mine done like how the factory would have done it, but I have some ideas on how to make very close to PnP.

• Like 1

I am trying to figure out a harness that will be Plug and Play. I think I am almost there or will get it as close to Plug and Play as possible.

The issue is that I am finding (2) different connectors under the passenger seat... based on year and options.

I am hoping to get mine done like how the factory would have done it, but I have some ideas on how to make very close to PnP.

Sounds good...
I've had a console just sitting in my garage for months and have yet to start installing it. Was thinking of ripping out harness in jump seat and just taking the console to my local audio store that did all my radio upgrades for over the last 10 years.

I bought a plate that eliminates the usb up front and just has 2 12V and the 110 cutout. I use an adapter in my 12V so I can quick charge my Samsung. Plus, as long as usb in console works, I'm ok w that! (Never used the usb in jump seat)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sounds good...
I've had a console just sitting in my garage for months and have yet to start installing it. Was thinking of ripping out harness in jump seat and just taking the console to my local audio store that did all my radio upgrades for over the last 10 years.

I bought a plate that eliminates the usb up front and just has 2 12V and the 110 cutout. I use an adapter in my 12V so I can quick charge my Samsung. Plus, as long as usb in console works, I'm ok w that! (Never used the usb in jump seat)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you remove the jump seat harness, you’ll find a USB Cable and a 6-Pin connector. It’ll look like this below.

This is all you need to get the USB Hub working. For the 12V Cig lighters, there will be (2) you’ll have from the jump seat harness. This can be used to feed any (2) plugs in the console. Under your AC controls... you’ll find the connections for the 110V outlet and another 12v Plug. Those can be used to feed the the front of the console.

The only thing remaining at that point is the front USB Receptacle and (1) 12V Plug left without a feed.

b3c752c276391c39a74187da3ee8d55b.jpg

• Like 1