Center console swap?

41 minutes ago, Criscone said:

8f41c2e57ea149278fd23416313c59ad.jpg

Finally did it! Everything works like a champ. $520 though but so worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic!! Looks like it rolled off the factory floor. 

Could you please share your part number list and any other details... or link what's in this thread already that you successfully used? 

Thanks!

11 hours ago, pgamboa said:

The reason you get “won’t fit” is because our jump seat plugs into a harness under the passenger seat while the full console plugs in at the front (under the instrument panel). I have two consoles right now and trying to work up a Plug and Play Harness Seat. I’m really close, BUT there will still be some wiring add needed. I have parts coming in early this week and hope to have a fully working solution by end of the week.

But that’s the main reason why it says “won’t fit”. It’ll physically fit, but you won’t be able to easily plug it up without modification.

Thanks pgamboa, that makes sense but I do find it alarming that there's 4 different numbers listed here just for the console. 

I'll be sure to look back and see if you posted any progress. Please share whatever you know/learn.

• Like 1

Thanks pgamboa, that makes sense but I do find it alarming that there's 4 different numbers listed here just for the console. 

I'll be sure to look back and see if you posted any progress. Please share whatever you know/learn.

Different part #s based on options. For example, if you have a rear seat DVD system, there is an additional Audio/Video Input adapter in the console that connects to the headrests.

1 minute ago, pgamboa said:

Different part #s based on options. For example, if you have a rear seat DVD system, there is an additional Audio/Video Input adapter in the console that connects to the headrests.

So do you think they are physically the same... fitting 2014 to 2016 or really 2017, aside from the various functional options?

• Like 1

So do you think they are physically the same... fitting 2014 to 2016 or really 2017, aside from the various functional options?

Yes - Physically the same.

I ordered a console for a 2015 Silverado and I have a 2016. It was about $100 cheaper at the time. I don’t have the wireless charging lid (wish I did), but my cup holders are removable (don’t think they are on the 2016-newer models). You’ll be fine with any console from 2014-on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jbh4381 said:

I ordered a console for a 2015 Silverado and I have a 2016. It was about $100 cheaper at the time. I don’t have the wireless charging lid (wish I did), but my cup holders are removable (don’t think they are on the 2016-newer models). You’ll be fine with any console from 2014-on.

What about connectivity differences? I can see they will likely all fit but what about the harness they come with? Maybe it doesn't matter because of the necessary mods... ?

What about connectivity differences? I can see they will likely all fit but what about the harness they come with? Maybe it doesn't matter because of the necessary mods... ?

I took the harness from my jump seat and used it to make connections. It wasn’t tough, anyone with basic 12 volt skills can knock it out. The only splice I had to do was for the console light. Everything else hooked up.
I couldn’t get the front 3 USB to work so I did buy a plate for the front that only has 2 12v and 110v outlets.

• Thanks 1

I took the harness from my jump seat and used it to make connections. It wasn’t tough, anyone with basic 12 volt skills can knock it out. The only splice I had to do was for the console light. Everything else hooked up.
I couldn’t get the front 3 USB to work so I did buy a plate for the front that only has 2 12v and 110v outlets.

That’s where there splicing comes into play. I spliced in my 6pin from new harness, into jump seat harness. All 4 usb work, all 4 12v work and the 120v works. Plus wireless charging and the inside led light. I forget the guys screen name bcx81? But that’s the diy I followed. Super simple and everythingggg works!

• Like 1

Fantastic!! Looks like it rolled off the factory floor. 

Could you please share your part number list and any other details... or link what's in this thread already that you successfully used? 

Thanks!

eBay search “2016 Silverado console”
Buy it now

Done. Bronco31? I think the username was. Something like that. No part numbers, just saw the silver sides and knew the console itself is the same essentially.

• Thanks 1

That’s where there splicing comes into play. I spliced in my 6pin from new harness, into jump seat harness. All 4 usb work, all 4 12v work and the 120v works. Plus wireless charging and the inside led light. I forget the guys screen name bcx81? But that’s the diy I followed. Super simple and everythingggg works!

I read it but didn’t comprehend it to the point that I felt comfortable. I found the plate from 2014 that didn’t have the USB and went that route. A little bummed but I didn’t have the USB before with a jump-seat, and I still have my console USB and Glovebox USB if needed. My 12v skills are novice with the new vehicles, haha.

• Like 1

If can see the backside of the triple USB receptacle (found on 2014/2015), I’m fairly certain the connection to get it working is the same as 2016/2017. On 2016/2017, the front USB is a Dual. It is a hub which is why the 6-pin connector underneath the USB is needed. On the Dual receptacles, the are (2) Mini USB A jacks on the backside. One of them is an Input (left side - takes the grey USB plug) and the other is an output (right side - takes a black USB plug). This black USB plug can then be routed to the Dual USB Receptacle w/ 3.5” aux port in the inside of the compartment. This is a daisy chained method.

Also allows you to keep the USB in the Glove box.

I am a few days from finalizing this... just waiting for the correct color USB cables. Once I retest everything, I’ll make up the 42-way connector and plug my jump seat harness into the from the console harness.

• Like 1

If can see the backside of the triple USB receptacle (found on 2014/2015), I fairly certain the connection to get it working is the same as 2016/2017. On 2016/2017, the front USB is a Dual. It is a hub which is why the 6-pin connector underneath the USB is needed. On the Dual receptacles, the are (2) Mini USB A jacks on the backside. One of them is an Input (left side - takes the grey USB plug) and the other is an output (right side - takes a black USB plug). This black USB plug can then be routed to the Dual USB Receptacle w/ 3.5” aux port in the inside of the compartment. This is a daisy chained method.

Also allows you to keep the USB in the Glove box.

I am a few days from finalizing this... just waiting for the correct color USB cables. Once I retest everything, I’ll make up the 42-way connector and plug my jump seat harness into the from the console harness.

I believe it had the USB receptacle on one side, and a pin connector on the other. I’d snap a picture of it, but it is in my attic inside of the jump seat. I bought the cable that is from GM to run USB from the glovebox to the triple (from what understood) but it wouldn’t power with just a USB. I’m sure that is where splicing comes into play, but I didn’t feel comfortable with that part of it, so I went the route of having just 12v and 110v up front.

13 hours ago, Criscone said:

8f41c2e57ea149278fd23416313c59ad.jpg

Finally did it! Everything works like a champ. $520 though but so worth it.

Wow!!! That looks incredibly good!!  After reading this thread, I am pretty concerned about doing the wiring - "4 pin this, 6 pin that" splicing wires, brown USB connectors, I really am feeling overwhelmed....