Center console swap?

Did the cup holders change in the newer consoles? I can't remove them to access the bin below. I have to remove the entire upper tray assembly.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Edited by MWZotti

Maybe this has been discussed before and looking at pictures it seems like it would work but would a center console from a 15 suburban work for the swap? I have a 15 Silverado and they look identical but don't want to purchase if it won't work. Someone has one locally here and a decent price. Thanks

Do the 17s require another wire ran to the wireless charger? About to purchase a 2017 with a jump seat and first order of business is installing a center console

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

There are three wires to the wireless charger. One is a body ground, one is 12V, and one is a sensing wire that ties into the Intellink/MyLink that shows up as a green lightning bolt when the phone is on the charger and is successfully charging.

Maybe this has been discussed before and looking at pictures it seems like it would work but would a center console from a 15 suburban work for the swap? I have a 15 Silverado and they look identical but don't want to purchase if it won't work. Someone has one locally here and a decent price. Thanks

I looked into one of those as well and after careful comparison I noticed the rear is very similar however the front section is different. Note that the side wood trim attaches to the console on the Suburban however a different shaped trim attaches to the upper tray on the Silverado. I thought if you removed that side trim the tray would fit on top however other pictures I saw show the inside is different and the slots are not there for the Silverado tray . Also, if you look closely at the front under the dash you'll notice the slots for the side trim clips are in different locations.

Silverado

post-164287-0-92457200-1507336775_thumb.jpg

Suburban

22884620-2015-gm-suburban-tahoe-sierra-1

Edited by Marv88

Can’t find the console anywhere.. can’t believe it’s this hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?isRefine=true&sid=brenco30&isRefine=true&_pgn=1&_mwBanner=1

I was able to find a complete console on ebay. If the upper tray isnt your color there are plenty of people that would buy it from you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk