Center console swap?

Thanks guys. This info will help those of us that are still in the planing stages of this project. I would like details of the electrical system and how you get the different ports to work.

After getting the console and looking at the wiring, I did not remove the jump seat but unbolted it. Evidently the old harness plugs in under the seat. So what I plan to do is start another thread with the wiring of the console only. I will call it "Console swap 2.0" it will be about how to wire it only.

This thread will be here for part numbers etc...

• Like 1

Okay Reaching out for some help, i read a lot of information on this forum, but not everyone has a 2014 Sierra. So i want to make sure i buy everything i need for this Swap from a jump seat console to a fixed center console. i will attach a couple pictures of what it looks as of right now and how i would like it to look when completed. this is the first time i have done this big of a modification to my truck and i would like it to look factory.

1. Buy the Center Console Assembly: Part Number: 22995069
2. This is where i am stuck what else do i need to buy? i read that this came with the lid and obviously you have to purchase the cup holders.
3. Currently the truck has the silver/ brush Trim Pieces, Black Leather seats with white stitching.

Previous post from 2014 they mentioned these parts # along with the console 22995069

4. Panel gm# 22817349 Only one of these Part numbers works on www.gmpartsdirect.com

Panel gm# 22817347

Plate gm# 22995085

Right now:
1369188759371.jpg

After the Swap:

2014-GMC-Sierra-Denali-1500-Crew-Cab-int

post-171530-0-52535700-1491665600_thumb.jpg

post-171530-0-48167100-1491672877_thumb.jpg

Edited by RyanPiatt

You are on the right track. you will have to verify your particular color and trim through which ever sight you order from

1). you will need 5 pieces.

a) console

b) tray (piece that you have in pic 2) where the cup holders are

c) 2 side pieces to the console that are separate

d) bracket, will attach new console to dash area.

And yes pic 3 you will remove that tray and the bracket will mount in that area.

In his second "after swap" photo, does anyone know which color that wood is that comes in the denali?

Curly Koa?

Grand Momji?

Quilted Maple?

Grand Lace Wood?

Okay Reaching out for some help, i read a lot of information on this forum, but not everyone has a 2014 Sierra. So i want to make sure i buy everything i need for this Swap from a jump seat console to a fixed center console. i will attach a couple pictures of what it looks as of right now and how i would like it to look when completed. this is the first time i have done this big of a modification to my truck and i would like it to look factory.

1. Buy the Center Console Assembly: Part Number: 22995069
2. This is where i am stuck what else do i need to buy? i read that this came with the lid and obviously you have to purchase the cup holders.
3. Currently the truck has the silver/ brush Trim Pieces, Black Leather seats with white stitching.

Previous post from 2014 they mentioned these parts # along with the console 22995069

4. Panel gm# 22817349 Only one of these Part numbers works on www.gmpartsdirect.com

Panel gm# 22817347

Plate gm# 22995085

Right now:
1369188759371.jpg

After the Swap:

2014-GMC-Sierra-Denali-1500-Crew-Cab-int

In his second "after swap" photo, does anyone know which color that wood is that comes in the denali?

Curly Koa?

Grand Momji?

Quilted Maple?

Grand Lace Wood?

No but i would like to know as well. ive been looking for it.

i think there is a 3D vinyl wrap that can be installed that looks like it.... just don't know about the texture of the material, if its just a smooth or does it feel like real wood.

I have a 2017 Sierra Crew Cab SLT model that has the bench seat in the fronts also. I am very interested in doing the swap as well.

I was wondering if everything should be plug and play? All the features should work including the wireless charging?

Edited by gsp_phong

I have a 2017 Sierra Crew Cab SLT model that has the bench seat in the fronts also. I am very interested in doing the swap as well.

I was wondering if everything should be plug and play? All the features should work including the wireless charging?

Nothing is plug and play, but it's not that difficult if you read take your time and order correct parts, go to the other thread I started "SWAP 2.0" this is dedicated to the wiring only not the other issues the people have resolved in this thread. Both are great reads , but I wanted to concentrate on the actual wiring harness.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what size the bolts are that connects the bracket to the console up front just above the guide pins ?? the console is a tight fit and don't think I will need them nut with the custom sub box it's real tight and don't want all the pressure on the pins only.

Nothing is plug and play, but it's not that difficult if you read take your time and order correct parts, go to the other thread I started "SWAP 2.0" this is dedicated to the wiring only not the other issues the people have resolved in this thread. Both are great reads , but I wanted to concentrate on the actual wiring harness.

Thanks man.

• 1 month later...

I have 2016 Elevation Series Sierra, its a double cab, been reading a lot of info here and I am not the sharpest spoon in the drawer. I think the part I need is 23466980 but can anyone please confirm?

Thanks for your help !

Edited by breid1983

I just finished the swap and would like to thank those ahead of me for all the information.

I used these part numbers

23467113 Upper trim panel in Synthesis

22776807 Console assembly front bracket

23467516 Side trim

22817347 Side trim

23466980 Console

19303284 Cable from HMI to USB

I have a 2016 2500HD LT model with black leather seat. The cable I used is a perfect match to the HMI and USB(3) ports. I used the existing harness for the rear ports, and then salvaged the LED wiring, a 12V plug, and USB power plug from the new harness. I spliced the three together and connected them to continuous power at the fuse panel on right side. I then removed the glove box USB cable and used the open port on the HMI for the new cable to the triple USB port.

I have everything working including data and charging at the USB's. I originally had Apple carplay in the original configuration, but that no longer works. I think it might be due to the new console and the ports that are installed. Carplay wasnt' available on the 2015 models, so it may be the configuration of the hub built into the ports. I found another console 23466999 which I believe is for the 2016 models but I couldn't confirm that. I also preferred having the SD card slot over the carplay feature.

23466980 shows online it will not fit my 2016 , I guess that is not correct? I tried the 23466999 and found nothing? Actually it doesn't say either way

Edited by breid1983