Best website search for new truck?

I am in the market for a 2014 Sierra, SLT, with specific options. Only problem is, I have only seen 3 made like that and they were almost 1,000 miles away. I don't mind extra options, just need the ones I want.

I am always looking online to find the truck that matches my criteria, but it's not as easy as I like. Which website do you guys use?

For the longest I have used www.cars.com. Only problem is, you cannot single out the regular bed trucks. They must advertise on their listing 153" or you have to click each one. Also, the website seems pretty slow. One good thing, you can click ANY mileage you want. 100, 250, 500, no limit.

I did see on this forum about www.cargurus.com I do like this site because I can use the filter and search for the regular size bed. Only problem, I can't see where to click to change the distance of miles. It only shows local dealerships. Am I missing something on the site? I don't mind traveling 200-300 miles. I would have a trade in and would like the extra $1,000 and tax incentive, That's why I wouldn't go further.

GM website only searches local dealers as well. I'm not about to begin searching by using other zip codes. Too much work lol.

Are there any other websites I am missing which are helpful? In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to save what I want on their system and have them e-mail me when that truck hits a dealership.

Thanks in advance.

Correction,

I was just now playing around on cargurus.com again, and after doing a search, then hitting "New search" again, I am able to select more than 75 miles..... Up to 500 miles, which is perfect! So it looks like cargurus.com has the most filters.

autotrader.com is another site. found my truck using cars.com in Arkansas. You could always put "Regular Cab" in the word search to help filter your list. One of the biggest things that helped was if you price your truck out with all the options you want on Chevy.com, you can focus your search on Cars within that same price point. Regular Cabs seem to be a hard find though....good luck in your search.

Use the "chat" on the GM web site they can do a better search than what we can. When I was looking the even sent me a copy of the build sheet so you can see what is on the truck. :jester:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am searching for a truck as well, and I have done cars.com and autotrader.com, the problem I see not all dealers are consistent with what options they list. I will try the other one that was listed up further in this discussion and see if that is any better.

It is hit or miss....use the filters to narrow down your search. When you find something close, use the zip code of the dealer on cars and look the window sticker up on chevy.com to get the list of options that exists on the truck.

• 3 weeks later...

Cars.com and autotrader.......and then the dealers website of the vehicle I'm interested in to see if its actually shows it in stock. Then I contact that dealer.

I'll search out 150-200 miles.

I've found I get a better price out of the dealer whose had the car sitting on his lot for 6 months or a year, rather than the guy who is "doing me a huge favor" by doing a "locate" for me.

If the vehicle is within a couple hours drive- I go buy it myself without the middleman.

Archived