What have you done to your K2 today?

Traded the 2014 in for a 2017. Can't even say how much more I love this 6.2 and 8 speed tranny!!! My only issue is that the RC 3.5" lift doesn't fit this particular '17. :tear:

That's a good thing since that "lift" is horrible for your suspension.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's a good thing since that "lift" is horrible for your suspension.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I agree with this, no point buying a brand new truck and putting the cheapest lift possible on it. IMO leave it stock and just remove the air dam until you can afford or find a good deal on a true lift kit without simple spacers. That is what I am doing, why spend 2500+ just on rubber and 1k on a lift supporting that.

You may also like that 6.2+8speed a lot less if you put a lift on it without a proper tune and exhaust too. IMO exhaust is you best bang for the low end buck to gain any performance in these K2 even better for a 6.2 than a 5.3. To each their own though.

Edited by Alpine Truck Life

I agree with this, no point buying a brand new truck and putting the cheapest lift possible on it. IMO leave it stock and just remove the air dam until you can afford or find a good deal on a true lift kit without simple spacers. That is what I am doing, why spend 2500+ just on rubber and 1k on a lift supporting that.

You may also like that 6.2+8speed a lot less if you put a lift on it without a proper tune and exhaust too. IMO exhaust is you best bang for the low end buck to gain any performance in these K2 even better for a 6.2 than a 5.3. To each their own though.

Is the RC lift that bad?? I had it on my 14 for 32K miles with 0 issues. I very rarely go off-road and would rather not spend 4K on lift and tires.

Edited by Bayou-AllTerrain

Traded the 2014 in for a 2017. Can't even say how much more I love this 6.2 and 8 speed tranny!!! My only issue is that the RC 3.5" lift doesn't fit this particular '17. :tear:

Are the mirror caps stock black? I knew the 17's had painted trim just didn't know about the mirror caps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ill see what happens on the ball joints. Line x will replace the top ones free of charge labor and alignment so lower is all i have to worry about i think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

How do you know when the upper or lower ball joints are bad? I have a metallic creaking noise from the front left wheel well and not sure if it's ball joints or not

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

How do you know when the upper or lower ball joints are bad? I have a metallic creaking noise from the front left wheel well and not sure if it's ball joints or not

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

They will squeak and creak when turning or front suspension is bouncing.

• Like 1

I think the 3.5 is fine for a road warrior. Offroad is a different story. I agree the angles are worse but time will tell. No turning back for me now.

Mine 98% road warrior for sure. Like I said my '14 AT did fine so I'm not worried about it. Plus it's the same kit my dealership uses too.

Is the RC lift that bad?? I had it on my 14 for 32K miles with 0 issues. I very rarely go off-road and would rather not spend 4K on lift and tires.

Well it is about the cheapest option out there for a reason. The more you spend the more components you get which is better, basically. It can get a lot more complex comparing all the parts so you cannot compare a RC lift to a Cognito for instance they are in a different ballpark entirely.

If you are only going for looks spacers will do, and maybe you spend a few hundred replacing ball joints etc down the road where you might not with an expensive kit. I would not recommend any real off roading on a RC/Spacer lift in a truck like these as it is not truly 'functional' all you are gaining is literally whatever the difference in your tire size is divided by 2 since axle sits in the middle of it.. You need coil overs and add a leaf at minimum for that IMO ie) mid range priced kit minimum. Those will add more travel to your whole suspension plus whatever your new tires give which is more ideal. It is really up to you do you wants just looks or function too.

That seems like a down grade on an AT. Paint matched bumpers with a flat black mirror, now who's bright idea was that GM? Luckily they pop off easy and you could even paint match at home with very little know how.

Agree, my new one will have the caps CM'd...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

And hell, they color matched everything else, but not the mirror caps?

Edited by Gilisfloyd

Agree, my new one will have the caps CM'd...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

And hell, they color matched everything else, but not the mirror caps?

This sums up my feelings of non paint matched mirrors on an AT. Talk about all the lousy ways to save a buck.

• Like 5