What have you done to your K2 today?

I have. Everyone around here only has 1/4 in spacers. Ready lift makes 1/2in spacers that im gonna try to get but they are 260 bucks!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

If your spending that much go ahead and get them from these guys (https://www.motorsport-tech.com/specialss/truck/chevy_s). They make them to order and use steel. You DO NOT want aluminum wheels spacers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If your spending that much go ahead and get them from these guys (https://www.motorsport-tech.com/specialss/truck/chevy_s). They make them to order and use steel. You DO NOT want aluminum wheels spacers.

Thats good to know. Im researching cheaper options. I could do 1 inch but i dont want to cut my studs

Thats good to know. Im researching cheaper options. I could do 1 inch but i dont want to cut my studs

My understanding is you need 1.5" so you don't cut the studs. And honestly there is no research to do. Steel is the only material to use for spacers.

This sums up my feelings of non paint matched mirrors on an AT. Talk about all the lousy ways to save a buck.

That seems like a down grade on an AT. Paint matched bumpers with a flat black mirror, now who's bright idea was that GM? Luckily they pop off easy and you could even paint match at home with very little know how.

This sums up my feelings of non paint matched mirrors on an AT. Talk about all the lousy ways to save a buck.

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I totally disagree with you. First of all they are painted black, not flat black or the black abs plastic texture. There could be no way to save a single buck over having them chrome or any other color.

I happen to love the black mirror, for two reason. First I hate chrome and secondly I like the contrast and the way it ties in the black running boards, fender flares, and other black accents. Deleting all of the chrome on the truck as compared to my '14 AT was a selling feature for me. Like I said everyone has their like and dislikes. I still think the AT is available with chrome bumpers and other stuff, at least it was in '14 when I bought my other one.

1.5 is going to stick out too far and be hard on my studs. That link didnt work for me. They will make me 1/2in steel hubcentric spacers?

The other link should work as long as you click on it. I think Tapatalk shortens the link so copy and paste doesn't work. But anyways here's the link to thier homepage (https://www.motorsport-tech.com). This is the company that owns BORA, but thier steel truck spacers are called something else. And yes the spacers are wheel and hub centric.

The other link should work as long as you click on it. I think Tapatalk shortens the link so copy and paste doesn't work. But anyways here's the link to thier homepage (https://www.motorsport-tech.com). This is the company that owns BORA, but thier steel truck spacers are called something else. And yes the spacers are wheel and hub centric.

I have a set of these BORA spacers on my wifes Grand Cherokee. They are high quality spacers. They've been on it for about 2 yrs with no problems. If I ever need a set for my truck I'm going with these.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I totally disagree with you. First of all they are painted black, not flat black or the black abs plastic texture. There could be no way to save a single buck over having them chrome or any other color.

I happen to love the black mirror, for two reason. First I hate chrome and secondly I like the contrast and the way it ties in the black running boards, fender flares, and other black accents. Deleting all of the chrome on the truck as compared to my '14 AT was a selling feature for me. Like I said everyone has their like and dislikes. I still think the AT is available with chrome bumpers and other stuff, at least it was in '14 when I bought my other one.

Absolutely only having to produce a single color is a cost saving decision. No doubt about it. As you say not a huge deal and can just paint over the black, but it is like that small cost is pushed onto the customer as I fully believe most folks would want chrome or paint matched on a high trim like AT. Also pretty sure that even in 15 the AT was not available with chrome bumpers, however this does not mean one could not have a dealership put one on before delivery.

Edited by Alpine Truck Life

Absolutely only having to produce a single color is a cost saving decision. No doubt about it. As you say not a huge deal and can just paint over the black, but it is like that small cost is pushed onto the customer as I fully believe most folks would want chrome or paint matched on a high trim like AT.

Not really trying to argue but I still think your cost savings is flawed. These are all mass produced in every color gm makes so it's not like they spend any more or less putting black caps on versus white cap. They just pull out of the black bin instead of the white or chrome bin. Either way it doesn't matter I like the black. I'm also sure anyone with even the most basic negotiation skills could get the dealer to throw in some $50 color matched caps into the deal. I hardly think any dealer is going to pass up a $58K deal over that.

I like the plain mirrors without painted caps on my truck. I prefer the whole mirror to be the same color and texture. So I actually wouldn't want a painted black cap on them. Even if my truck was a different color I would prefer the non painted caps since it would match the other black pieces. If you wanted to get rid of all of the black then might as well paint the whole mirror and not just the cap. Just my preference though. One of the reasons I got my '14 in black was because it's very easy to find stuff for it that already comes in black so it's much easier to color match.

By the way though, I don't think it matters how much the truck cost. I would believe that the dealer would make roughly the same amount no matter the trim. That's partly why I think they can take more off MSRP on a higher trim because the MSRP has a higher % of "profit" for GM. So only assuming that GM probably makes roughly the same amount on a base model as they do on a HC or Denali. I do say roughly since the profit is\ still more for a high trim, just that it's not by a whole lot especially not as much as a consumer would think. I know for a fact that the salesman gets paid the same no matter how much the vehicle cost. The dealer I worked at and the others that I know of if it's brand new then you only get $100 unless it's an older year model that's new and the dealer says they'll pay more just to get salesmen to sale an older vehicle to get it off the lot. So you can sell a Corvette Z06 or a Chevy Sonic and both would only pay $100 for the sale. It's the used cars that make salesmen the good money.

i'm wanting to 'blue' my interior buttons/switches/controls

i got the drivers side doors (front and back) done today - i really like it and can't wait until everything is done.

i used blue 'spot light gel' over top of the LEDs. (a spot light gel is the thin coloured plastic that is put in front of a white spot light to colour it)

IMG_1356_zpsf7tnmivu.jpg

IMG_1359_zps6hm0hzit.jpg

***i am curious - what precautions are needed when removing the buttons from the steering wheel?? i don't want to set off the air bag! ha! i saw a video on youtube where the guy said to just disconnect the battery and the steering wheel airbag fuse. is that enough?? like i mentioned... air bag deployment is trying to be avoided! :)

• Like 1