What have you done to your K2 today?

i'm wanting to 'blue' my interior buttons/switches/controls

i got the drivers side doors (front and back) done today - i really like it and can't wait until everything is done.

i used blue 'spot light gel' over top of the LEDs. (a spot light gel is the thin coloured plastic that is put in front of a white spot light to colour it)

IMG_1356_zpsf7tnmivu.jpg

IMG_1359_zps6hm0hzit.jpg

***i am curious - what precautions are needed when removing the buttons from the steering wheel?? i don't want to set off the air bag! ha! i saw a video on youtube where the guy said to just disconnect the battery and the steering wheel airbag fuse. is that enough?? like i mentioned... air bag deployment is trying to be avoided! :)

Just be sure to film it. You'll go viral on YouTube and make a million dollhairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just be sure to film it. You'll go viral on YouTube and make a million dollhairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as the video is now advertiser friendly, contains no vulgar language or suggestive material. And the subject matter is appropriate and does not offend anyone safe space. YouTube's new terms of service for monetization. Liberalism = Fascism except is just a group of people telling you what to do and how to think instead of one Hitler =D

• Like 1

i'm wanting to 'blue' my interior buttons/switches/controls

i got the drivers side doors (front and back) done today - i really like it and can't wait until everything is done.

i used blue 'spot light gel' over top of the LEDs. (a spot light gel is the thin coloured plastic that is put in front of a white spot light to colour it)

IMG_1356_zpsf7tnmivu.jpg

IMG_1359_zps6hm0hzit.jpg

***i am curious - what precautions are needed when removing the buttons from the steering wheel?? i don't want to set off the air bag! ha! i saw a video on youtube where the guy said to just disconnect the battery and the steering wheel airbag fuse. is that enough?? like i mentioned... air bag deployment is trying to be avoided! :)

That sounds right ... I mean should be no potential for them to deploy if you removed the fuse and and power. Make sure to wait for any residual power to drain, resistors and what not along the circuit path can hold a small charge. But I also want to say do not take my word on it not like I have done it.

I do not know if you are on good terms with your service center but is there any chance you could get their assistance or direction in removing/disconnecting the steering wheel. I got them to help with my lights originally for free and just asked nice and brought some timmy's in for them, I knew the steps but was unsure/paranoid about breaking clips so it was helpful to have a guiding hand, I did all the work they just pointed out how and where to pull that sort of thing. Your service manager/adviser should certainly be able to look up the 'OEM' steps for you at minimum. That is what I would do myself anyway.

Edited by Alpine Truck Life
  • Like 1

That sounds right ... I mean should be no potential for them to deploy if you removed the fuse and and power. Make sure to wait for any residual power to drain, resistors and what not along the circuit path can hold a small charge. But I also want to say do not take my word on it not like I have done it.

I do not know if you are on good terms with your service center but is there any chance you could get their assistance or direction in removing/disconnecting the steering wheel. I got them to help with my lights originally for free and just asked nice and brought some timmy's in for them, I knew the steps but was unsure/paranoid about breaking clips so it was helpful to have a guiding hand, I did all the work they just pointed out how and where to pull that sort of thing. Your service manager/adviser should certainly be able to look up the 'OEM' steps for you at minimum. That is what I would do myself anyway.

yea - the guy in the one video said to make sure you wait 10 minutes after battery disconnect/fuse removal. i have to do the same kind of thing with work when i take one of my machines apart - wait for residual power to drain.

the parts/service guys in town are really good with me. i've gotten a number of schematics from them for this truck and my previous truck. it helps that they are 'truck guys' and love it when someone wants to do more customizing than the normal over the counter add-ons (not that i haven't also done lots of that stuff too over the years!!)