2014 Silverado Starting problems

tell your dealer to call gm tach, and they will give your tech a different pt# for a different

starter. i posted the new starter # and picture a few weeks ago, no problems since the swap.

i work for a chevy dealer and i was just as pissed off as any of you guys, but this fix works !!

DO NOT ORDER THE STARTER LISTED IN THE PARTS CATALOG !! you will get the same

thing as what you have now. good luck with it. ray

A tad unsettling considered our entire trucks are built in Mexico haha

My '06 Silverado and '09 Impala are both built in Canada. No starter problem with either one to date. Nothing wrong yet with the starter on my 2013 Sonic built in the US either.

I bought my brand new Silverado a week ago and it hasn't started two out of the six days that I have had it. I took it to the local dealership for them to maintenance it and since it has warmed up here in Iowa in the last couple of days they are saying they cant fix anything on it. The lady at the dealership gave me a print out off of GM's site showing that they are aware of a engine complications in ambient temperatures and that they are replacing the starter in the trucks, but for some reason they will not fix my vehicle. For the price I paid and considering this is "the truck of the year" I expect it to start at ALL times regardless if it is -25 or 10 outside .This is the second truck I have had problems with in the last six months, I had to have the engine rebuilt on my 2011 Silverado due to the AFM. I'm not having any luck with these trucks at all!

The dealer told me today that they needed to order a starter for my 2014 and I asked for the part number.they ordered and they told me 12655055 (thanks Maliburay55).

Bad news is they wont get the starter until middle of next week. Good news is they sent me home in a 2014 Silverado as a loaner and apologized for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

you need to tell them to have there tech to call GM tech line, there is a problem....

the mexican starters !!!! they gave me a completly different part # for a starter

to corect the problem ! take this to your dealer.... here is the new starter pt # 12655055

dont let them order another one from the parts catalog or you will get the same thing.

i work for a chevy dealer, i have a 2014 silverado that had the same problem.

i'm the parts manager for cambe chevrolet. the new starter has worked every time.

good luck with yours.

you need to tell them to have there tech to call GM tech line, there is a problem....

the mexican starters !!!! they gave me a completly different part # for a starter

to corect the problem ! take this to your dealer.... here is the new starter pt # 12655055

dont let them order another one from the parts catalog or you will get the same thing.

i work for a chevy dealer, i have a 2014 silverado that had the same problem.

i'm the parts manager for cambe chevrolet. the new starter has worked every time.

good luck with yours.

Maliburay55, thanks for that info!

I'm having the same issue as being described by the OP and others. Dealer still has my truck overnight to do a cold start in the morning. I'm hoping it fails just so they can continue diagnosing and don't give me back a bad truck. If it fails and they continue to work on it, I'll recommend they replace with this part number. Thanks!

Here's my thread if interested:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/159012-not-starting-after-only-148-miles/

This is what the dealer gave me. It was to warm to start now so i got screwed no fix. I did call the Chevy customer support number and open a case file. They had not heard anything about the trucks not starting when its cold. post-128805-0-34735600-1394203604_thumb.jpgpost-128805-0-86239100-1394203617_thumb.jpg

post-128805-0-34735600-1394203604_thumb.jpg

post-128805-0-86239100-1394203617_thumb.jpg

Edited by luke3434

I got my truck back yesterday too. It started no problem for the dealer. They reprogrammed the BCU and gave the truck back to me.

This is what the dealer gave me. It was to warm to start now so i got screwed no fix. I did call the Chevy customer support number and open a case file. They had not heard anything about the trucks not starting when its cold. attachicon.gif20140307_082400.jpgattachicon.gif20140307_082418.jpg

I would call them on that as BS! I saw the same PIE paper as you linked when I had my truck in at the dealer. Sounds like their customer service is either not informed or just lazy. Good luck.

This is what the dealer gave me. It was to warm to start now so i got screwed no fix. I did call the Chevy customer support number and open a case file. They had not heard anything about the trucks not starting when its cold. attachicon.gif20140307_082400.jpgattachicon.gif20140307_082418.jpg

If they told you that,they lied and you should tell them that and take your business elsewhere.