Work Truck remote starter without keyless entry

I too had them install the factory kit. Mine has pretty much the same RPO codes as WaterWiz.

They probably used the same kit he mentioned; I just let the dealer handle it all, since they had to program it anyway.

The fobs I received are all black, with four buttons: Remote start, Lock, Unlock and Horn.

From reading these forums, it doesn't sound like GM is that keen anymore to allow programming for features that weren't standard.

I too had them install the factory kit. Mine has pretty much the same RPO codes as WaterWiz.

They probably used the same kit he mentioned; I just let the dealer handle it all, since they had to program it anyway.

The fobs I received are all black, with four buttons: Remote start, Lock, Unlock and Horn.

From reading these forums, it doesn't sound like GM is that keen anymore to allow programming for features that weren't standard.

When did you get yours done conundrum?

Mine is a pursuit I think. I got it done at a dealership... it was the worst mistake. The system is not terrible, I just really hate the fact that it is not OEM. The range is really bad also. I usually can't unlock/lock it from 20 meters. I am going to call my local dealership with that part number and see what they say. Any advice on how to go about getting them to install it?

Just an update for those who are interested. I finally, after calling roughly 10 dealerships, have found a dealership that has taken the time to look up my vin and see that keyless is an option (Every other dealership referred me straight to aftermarket) on my WT. I have an appointment on the 16th to get it done so hopefully everything goes well

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update for those who are interested. I finally, after calling roughly 10 dealerships, have found a dealership that has taken the time to look up my vin and see that keyless is an option (Every other dealership referred me straight to aftermarket) on my WT. I have an appointment on the 16th to get it done so hopefully everything goes well

How did things go at the dealer? Did they get it working on your truck?

How did things go at the dealer? Did they get it working on your truck?

Yeah! Everything went great. I had to push things back until a week later than expected, but when I went it was no problem. They looked to see if remote start was an option, but I did not have the correct hardware. Everything is working great even the remote window down function which is freaking awesome. The only thing I noticed is that I don't have the alarm system. When you lock the vehicle with the fob and pull the handle it should go off like on other gm cars I have driven, but it doesn't. I think this is why the remote start would not work. But hey, how much do you actually need that, if someone is going to steal your car they will do it regardless so it does not bother me. It is much better than the aftermarket so don't let a dealership try to sell you one especially when OEM is an option. And I'm not sure if I've mentioned it already, but if anyone does call looking for keyless entry that does not have it just tell them you want the 3 button, solid black fob. I think they runs off a different system than the ones with chrome.

I had a remote start added to mine. I think for just over $200.00 (had someone do it for me for fear of computers). I've had it for 4 months now and no problems, if you could do it yourself I imagine it would seriously cut costs below the $200.00.

I had the same one installed on my moms car in 08 and it's still working great.

It's not factory by the way.

• 3 months later...

All,

Here is what I learned about adding keyless entry to a 2014 1WT Silverado

I have a bare bones 1WT with power door locks only. I do not have on-star, I do not have power mirrors or windows. I do not have any factory key fobs or the RPO code AQQ

I do have RPO option XL7 and I can access tire pressure information from the center of the dash.

I visited my local Chevrolet dealer today and I left with fully functional keyless entry and remote start. It works flawlessly with a range of at least 50 yards.

what I did...

Based on some serious extensive research I have come to the conclusion that as long as you have an automatic transmission and the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) you should be good to go. Note:The module is the same for TPMS and remote door locks on 2014. Frequency is in the 315Mhz range.

The simplest way to add keyless entry IMO is to order the following kit: EXTENDED RANGE, INCLUDES 2 FOBS - 2015 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500 (Part #22997089) and have the dealer install it!

It costs around $200 for the kit and $200 for the install.

Why the kit? It comes with 2 fobs, a hood safety switch, harness and most importantly an authorization code. What may be a hold up for some is trying to add the fob only, ->without an authorization code<-. I am not sure how a tech would get a code for a system that did not come with AQQ? Regardless, with the above kit you get the fobs, the code and remote start!!

I do not know if adding only the black remote works....

I hope this helps those of you looking to do this. Let me know if it does!

Here is my RPO list for those interested

AE7, SEAT FRT SPLIT, DRIVER, PASS EASY ENTRY
AKP, GLASS, SOLAR ABSORBING
AL0, AUTOMATIC OCCUPANT SENSING SYSTEM, SENSOR INDICATOR INFLATABLE RESTRAINT
AU3, DOOR LOCKS, POWER
AXK, VEHICLE TYPE TRUCK
AY0, AIR BAGS, DUAL-STAGE FRONTAL AND SIDE-IMPACT, DRIVER AND FRONT PASSENGER AND HEAD-CURTAIN AND SEAT-MOUNTED SIDE-IMPACT, FRONT AND REAR OUTBOARD SEATING POSITIONSA60,
BG9, FLOOR COVERING, GRAPHITE-COLORED RUBBERIZED-VINYL
BWN, CORNERSTEP, REAR BUMPER
C67, AIR CONDITIONING, SINGLE-ZONE
C7K, GVWR, 6500 LBS. (2948 KG)
DE2, MIRRORS, OUTSIDE MANUAL, BLACK
EF7, U.S. COUNTRY CODE
E63, FLEETSIDE BODY
FE9, EMISSIONS, FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS
FHS, VEHICLE FUEL GASOLINE E85
FWI, FORT WAYNE PLANT
GAZ,
GU5, REAR AXLE, 3.23 RATIO
H2R, CLOTH SEAT
IO3, AUDIO SYSTEM, 4.2" DIAGONAL COLOR DISPLAY, AM/FM STEREO WITH USB PORTS, AUXILIARY JACK AND SD CARD SLOT
I14, ENGINEERING MODEL YEAR
JD9, BRAKES, 4-WHEEL DISC WITH DURALIFE ROTORS, 4-WHEEL ANTILOCK
KC4, COOLING, EXTERNAL ENGINE OIL COOLER
KG4, ALTERNATOR, 150 AMPS
K34, CRUISE CONTROL
LV3, ENGINE, 4.3L ECOTEC3 V6
MAH, MARKETING AREA NORTH AMERICA
MYC, TRANSMISSION, 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC
NK5, STEERING WHEEL
NT7, EMISSION SYSTEM FEDERAL TIER 2
N33, STEERING COLUMN, TILT-WHEEL
RBZ, TIRES, P255/70R17 ALL-SEASON, BLACKWALL
RD6, WHEELS, 17" X 8" (43.2 CM X 20.3 CM) PAINTED STEEL
ROO, BARS VOMS BAILMENT SAF - SPARE TIRE LOCK
R5C, TIRE BRAND ALL BRIDGESTONE
R9N, PROCESSING CODE
SAF, TIRE CARRIER LOCK
SLM, STOCK ORDERS SSB - PROCESSING OPTION
S2B, WHEEL, FULL-SIZE SPARE, 17" X 7" (43.2 CM X 17.8 CM) ALUMINUM
UDC, DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER
UE0, NO ONSTAR
UJM, TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM
UMN, SPEEDOMETER
UQ5, AUDIO SYSTEM FEATURE, 4-SPEAKER SYSTEM
U2J, SIRIUSXM SATELLITE RADIO, DELETE
U73, ANTENNA, FIXED, RADIO
VH6, BUMPERS, FRONT, BLACK
VJG, BUMPERS, REAR, BLACK
VRK, VAA/COMPONENT REL ROOF TRIM
VT7, OWNERS MANUAL ENGLISH
VZE, VIN MODEL YEAR 2014
V8D, VEHICLE STATEMENT
XL7, FREQUENCIES RATING 315 MHZ, LONG DISTANCE
X88, CHEVROLET CONVERSION
ZBZ, TIRE, SPARE P255/70R17 ALL-SEASON, BLACKWALL
ZY1, SOLID PAINT
Z85, HEAVY DUTY SUSPENSION
1SZ, OPTION PACKAGE DISCOUNT
1WT,4D7, 6B1, 7A9,
8X2, COMPONENT RR LH NON-COMPUTER
9X2, COMPONENT RR RH NON-COMPUTER

WaterWiz,

Will this part number work on a 2015 Sierra 2500HD?

• 1 month later...

Just bought a 2016 custom without keyless. Didn't know until truck was already paid for. But regardless. I searched the part number Wiz listed and got tons of results but they all say rpo code AQQ is required to install. Anyone shed some light on this? Do they all say that but not actually required? I have tpms and power locks and Windows, just no remotes. I figure if I buy it and take it to the dealer they'll see I don't have AQQ then I've wasted $200

• 1 month later...

Just bought a 2016 custom without keyless. Didn't know until truck was already paid for. But regardless. I searched the part number Wiz listed and got tons of results but they all say rpo code AQQ is required to install. Anyone shed some light on this? Do they all say that but not actually required? I have tpms and power locks and Windows, just no remotes. I figure if I buy it and take it to the dealer they'll see I don't have AQQ then I've wasted $200

I have an 16 Silverado WT blackout edition and do not have the Aqq code and I just had the kit installed and everything works perfectly, remote door lock and remote start and it also rolls down the windows, you just gotta make sure the kit you buy has the special activation code from GM and I don't have mylink and I have io3

Edited by Carter8
  • Like 1

I have an 16 Silverado WT blackout edition and do not have the Aqq code and I just had the kit installed and everything works perfectly, remote door lock and remote start and it also rolls down the windows, you just gotta make sure the kit you buy has the special activation code from GM and I don't have mylink and I have io3

So did you just buy the kit with the part number listed in this ad? The gm kit? I guess I'll bite the bullet and try it

Yup I just bought gm kit as mentioned above, I got my from gmtrunkmonkeys for only $120 saved myself $200 plus tax dealer wanted $350 plus tax

If you have any questions just shoot me a message on here

Edited by Carter8

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Folks,

I'm running into the same issues as above except I'm getting conflicting information... I've got a 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD W/T. I've only been able to locate one dealership that will even take my money to try the programming.... They are telling me that I need kit #22970855 rather than kit #22997089... They explaining that there were some changes to the body and interior that year that only took effect for the 1500 and not the 2500 (the 2500 took effect the following year) ... So that being said I don't know if I have the NNBS or the K2XX body style? How do I tell..? The last 8 of my VIN are EF186377...

Furthermore I've got the UJM, MW7, and XL7 for RPO codes but not AQQ, AP3, or AP8... At this point I've been told that I can't even get keyless entry because it was "factory deleted" from my truck HOWEVER when talking to the GM Customer Care rep they said I could do everything I wanted (lock/unlock, remote start, etc...) through the OnStar app. Whats the deal??? Could someone help give me some direction?

Please let me know if you need more information....

D

P.S. Sorry for resurrecting a 5 month old topic... Please let me know if I need to start a new thread.

Edited by R&DFarm