Pricing and cab choice

I have been looking for a new truck and have decided to go with a 2014 Sierra 1500 but am amazed at the $4000 dollar price difference between a double cab and a crew cab base price. I wonder how many more crew cabs are sold than double cabs.

Dang it did not notice that I thought if you did not spend at least 51k you just got a metal box with a milk crate for a seat? Haha I kinda wish I had went with the double cab with standard bed instead of the Crew with short bed. Can hardly haul a sack of peanuts in this little short bed. Go with the savings and the double cab unless you are constantly hauling your big ole hooligans in the back seats.

crew cab is better. More room and better comfort. My kids and buddies love it. I the short bed which I prefer and don't need the 6.5ft bed since I have a really nice trailer to tow with. Double cab just look weird to me too.

All depends on what you need. I definitely don't need more than a double cab for what/who I haul. For me, the extra truck length made me concerned about the maneuverability, especially with how tight parking lots are these days.

There's no right or wrong choice here. If you need the space, it's worth the money. As for "american assembled" being a benefit of double cab, I think GM's QC at the Mexico facility is just as tight as the U.S. plants.

Why not get an SUV?

I like my american assembled double cab. It has the room when necessary. And puts a limit on passenger size.

LOL. Is this your attempt at keeping your family's weight under control?

I honestly wish I got a crew cab. Go with that and be happy with the extra space. I went with the double cab, because it was less expensive, but looking back I would have ponied up the extra dough.

We are so spoiled today, there was 6 of us growing up in the 60s. Dad had a 2 door truck that's all you could get. Family car was a 2 door, Dad wouldn't be seen in a 4 door. When the car broke down we jam in the truck, some of us got in the bed, heaven forbid. No AC, Am radio, roll up windows, hub caps. Its a wonder we lived. Spend more money so the people in back are more comfey, hell let them walk. Buy what you want.

There's no right or wrong choice here. If you need the space, it's worth the money. As for "american assembled" being a benefit of double cab, I think GM's QC at the Mexico facility is just as tight as the U.S. plants.

Hmmmm 4 grand less and made in Indiana vs. Mexico. Mexican workers are paid less than Americans. So these trade agreements that were supposed to create jobs don't result in savings for the consumer? I wonder why unemployment is so high in the U.S. Must be a coincidence. I'll opt for a smaller back seat that is rarely used and hope that a kid in Indiana has a Merry Christmas.

Thanks for all the input. I have looked at both cabs and both Chevy and GMC. I like the GMC more but ran into a Chevy 6.2 topaz blue crew cab that I am negotiating on so we will see.

Good luck on the negotiations. Whatever you get, you'll enjoy it!

You thank us now, until that first payment is due, or your account gets drained.....lol

Blue Topaz with a 6.2 is a real looker. I haven't seen too many in that color....real sharp.

Hopefully you'll get a good deal and can enjoy.

Archived