Auto Door Lock Disable

Those options don't disable the auto locking. Have you actually taken the gearshift out of park with the vehicle running without the doors locking? On mine that's impossible.

The "Auto Door Unlock" only controls which doors the vehicle will unluck when you put it back into park. It always locks them all when you take it out of park. If somebody gets out (by pulling the handle twice or by manually unlocking the door) when your foot is on the brake, it locks again as soon as you start moving. Meaning you need to unlock the door yet again to let the person back in.

The "Unlocked Door Anti Lockout" just keeps you from locking the driver's door with the switch when it's open. On mine, it doesn't seem to matter if the key is in the ignition or not despite what the manual says.

In any case, there simply is no option to keep the doors from locking you and your passengers in (or out), all by themselves. It wouldn't be quite so bad if they only locked when you exceeded 8 MPH like the older trucks, but these won't let you creep an inch forward at 1 MPH without having to screw with the locks again.

• Like 1

Well I feel dumb :banghead:

I checked and Jon A is 100% right! I turned off everything in my settings and it still locked. So my vid can be removed if needed.

In my day to day I don't see this really being a problem though unless the driver and friends are doing Chinese fire drills.. glad you pointed that out though.

Try pulling trailers through pastures where you are constantly getting in/out opening gates. And you never get over 5 or 6 mph. It'll drive you batty. At least it does me.

I called GM about it, and they told me to FO essentially. I did tell them I found a work around. I leave my door cracked/open. That way the doors wont lock back. Not sure the rep liked that workaround

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i've asked int eh other threads.... previously we had a gm service bulletin that allowed a dealer to flash the bcm to give us the option. i've not seen any mention of this for a k2 truck... only 2013 and previous. i personally had it done on my 2010.

my dealer has been no help. gm help on here supposedly opened a case for me but i've heard nothing yet. i hope gm will update the service bulletin to include the 2014 trucks soon...

• 4 years later...

old post. very old post. but just as an fyi for anyone who does the same google search that i did.... I work for GMC dealer in california had a customer ask to turn off auto lock in gear feature. Checked with tech who thought the same as me: not an option. So i googled it. Found this thread. Found a bulletin on GM service information and it basically states that the auto lock has been a feature in gm vehicles since 2005 and there is no option in settings OR in the BCM to disable this. Nor do they plan on making any such setting. Hope it helps any future searchers. 

• Confused 1

On 3/29/2014 at 5:04 PM, simon.hed said:

Try pulling trailers through pastures where you are constantly getting in/out opening gates. And you never get over 5 or 6 mph. It'll drive you batty. At least it does me.

I called GM about it, and they told me to FO essentially. I did tell them I found a work around. I leave my door cracked/open. That way the doors wont lock back. Not sure the rep liked that workaround

other manufacturers have it where you can set the doors to lock at a certain speed. from when you put it in drive and up to 15mph i believe, a nice feature that has been around for over 15 years. still boggles my mind that it takes GM over 10 years to adopt some nice features.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

The way I look at it is.  If a person isn't smart enough to lock the doors when they want.  Then they ought to be a passenger.  This locking and unlocked drives me crazy.  Probably GM likes the income from the door locks going out from all the unnecessary locking.  Same with the automatic lights.  TO me that is an unnecessary danger.  What did God give us a brain for?  I like my old big 10 chevy 1981.  I will try the not shutting the door all the way.  ha ha,.

We need to make the deciosion of whether we want the doors to automatically lock or not and same for the lights.

• Haha 1