• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glock has a really good program geared towards the military and first responders called the "Glock Blue Label program". I called a blue label distributor told them to hold me a glock 17 gen 4. Came in there showed my military id, filled out the paperwork, and i walked out spending only 432.00 including tax for a brand new handgun with 3 clips. Knocked a considerable amount off the normal price

If you join GSSF- Glock Sport Shooting Foundation for like $30/year you can also get a certificate to buy one blue label gun a year.

:M16: Glocks are OK if "polyomer guns" are your thing? People that shoot a lot will usually prefer a "metal" gun but as previously stated, they are OK for the money! :flag:

:M16: Glocks are OK if "polyomer guns" are your thing? People that shoot a lot will usually prefer a "metal" gun but as previously stated, they are OK for the money! :flag:

lol what? Glock has been selling in the US since like 1987. If they didn't hold up I think we'd know by now. And then there's HK, and they're easily the most durable/reliable mass produced pistols money can buy.

lol what? Glock has been selling in the US since like 1987. If they didn't hold up I think we'd know by now. And then there's HK, and they're easily the most durable/reliable mass produced pistols money can buy.

:M16: "We" do know! That is why the US military has never used a "plastic" handgun! :flag:

SEALs previously carried the HK Mk 23 and now carry the HK 45CT. Try again.

And your argument sucks, the military carries Beretta because we wanted to put missiles in Italy.

SEALs previously carried the HK Mk 23 and now carry the HK 45CT. Try again.

And your argument sucks, the military carries Beretta because we wanted to put missiles in Italy.

:M16: Uh, I was a Seal for ten years! We never carried a plastic handgun, and FYI the marines have switched to "Colt 1911's." Beretta is on it's way out! As a special operator for ten years, we carried what we wanted and back then we usually wanted 1911's! :flag:

:M16: Uh, I was a Seal for ten years! We never carried a plastic handgun, and FYI the marines have switched to "Colt 1911's." Beretta is on it's way out! As a special operator for ten years, we carried what we wanted and back then we usually wanted 1911's! :flag:

You need to change your signature. SEAL Team 7 didn't exist until 2002. We have several veterans or are currently serving and I won't have you disrespect them by claiming false military service. You have until 9:00 eastern tonight or I'll do it for you.

Didn't know that but I'd also never buy a gun with a mag disconnect.

Mag disconnects are stupid and one more way they are trying to idiot proof guns. My Ruger P345 and SR40 (along with all the other SR series pistols) have it. The upside is it takes all of 10 minutes to remove that useless mechanism on the Rugers. Take off rear sight, remove spring and a little piece, replace rear sight, and you're done. If I couldn't remove it I wouldn't own it. Having said that my Mark III has the darn thing too but dry firing a rim fire is bad plus it's just more fun to shoot a .22LR anyway. I also don't shoot that gun w/o the mag regardless of it having the safety. My other guns I shoot occasionally w/o the mag just to get the last round out the fun way instead of ejecting it manually.

• 2 weeks later...

Great guns and do not require the constant cleaning like my Kimbers. Very, vey reliable. Will lay in a drawer/safe for a long time and shoot as needed. Just like a revolver. Pull trigger it fires. Accurate enough for protection and once you learn the trigger up take it can be shot with good accuracy.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny I remember a lot of the SOCOM guys I knew had SIG P22? (Looked just like the P220) but chambered in 9mm. For me I like the SIG P220 series and the H&Ks.

Archived