Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

Just got the rockstar3 xd827's put on with Nitto Terra Grappler G2's. first are pics of what they look like out of the box. Then I took the inserts off (naked wheels) then I put the green bead ring on. Same weight as factory set up and the ride is so much smoother than the crap continental highway tires that came on the truck. Quieter over bumps and over all! [emoji16]

76114db8e9bd309dbc35fd6c0c577481.jpga6c9bda1c0ecb28b72811f561bbf67f6.jpgd20d6c79d0f16eec32167375cc65c40e.jpgeb573df004165d84a077574904c4ca84.jpg561c940443d9fbbc8f6356fde2c35b3a.jpgfb89271122d29b9aa439a1e4a2b1a4b2.jpg6a0f38f359896b6f88977dcbd23c2458.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update after 1 week of driving....this set up (17x9 -6 offset/4.75 backspace & 285/70-17 KO2s) definitely rubs at full lock in reverse. Nothing crazy but it does rub.

The other thing I have noticed is the ride quality is worse than the 275/55-20 KO2s on stock wheels. It's not harsh but I definitely feel more little bumps and undulations through the steering wheel and the seat of my pants. If I had to guess why, I'd say the much more aggressive offset of this set up or the lighter, cheaper wheels, specifically, are to blame. Can anyone offer any informed insight on this?

image_zpsmyfo9zw1.jpg

• Like 1

Update after 1 week of driving....this set up (17x9 -6 offset/4.75 backspace & 285/70-17 KO2s) definitely rubs at full lock in reverse. Nothing crazy but it does rub.

The other thing I have noticed is the ride quality is worse than the 275/55-20 KO2s on stock wheels. It's not harsh but I definitely feel more little bumps and undulations through the steering wheel and the seat of my pants. If I had to guess why, I'd say the much more aggressive offset of this set up or the lighter, cheaper wheels, specifically, are to blame. Can anyone offer any informed insight on this?

image_zpsmyfo9zw1.jpg

That's funny I had 275/60/20 ko2 on my 14 with stock rims, i feel that on the 17 I've now same tires as you, my truck drives a lot better then my last set up. Only 200 miles so far tho no rubbing anywhere that I can tell/hear or feel... gas mileage is a totally different story. Your truck looks awesome btw hopefully we can get 60k + miles out of these ko2 like my old 1s

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

image_zpsmyfo9zw1.jpg

Do you have LT/E Load tires? That would be the blame, especially if the PSI it too high.

I went from 275/60/20 to 285/70/17 and thought the ride was softer with the 17s once I had the PSI dialed in.

image_zpsmyfo9zw1.jpg

Load range and tire pressure. And the lighter wheels react to road surfaces more readily

SOTA R.E.P.R. 6 Stealth wheels, 20x9 - 5.5" BS, with MT 35" ATZ tires. Wish I could get a 37" tire to fit in there,

How do you like those Mickey's? I am thinking about getting them in a 33X12.5R20

Edited by Matt9285

Do you have LT/E Load tires? That would be the blame, especially if the PSI it too high.

I went from 275/60/20 to 285/70/17 and thought the ride was softer with the 17s once I had the PSI dialed in.

Load range and tire pressure. And the lighter wheels react to road surfaces more readily

That's another thing: it is insane to me that we can't reset the TPMS on these trucks from the driver's seat controls. I still have to do it for these wheels & tires. Probably going to buy my own device because I will lose my f*cking mind when my dealer tries to pinch me for $50 for them to do it.

Yes, the new tires are load range E. The 275/55-20 KO2s were D rated and I ran them at 50psi per BFGoodrich recommendations. I'll play around with the PSI on the new tires and see if that helps the ride. Based on what guys in these forums are saying, load range E tires are probably best run at close to 50psi, as well, but some have gone as low as 40psi and reported no issues. I just tend to trust what the manufacturer's R&D has shown to work best.

Thanks for the help!

That's another thing: it is insane to me that we can't reset the TPMS on these trucks from the driver's seat controls. I still have to do it for these wheels & tires. Probably going to buy my own device because I will lose my f*cking mind when my dealer tries to pinch me for $50 for them to do it.

Yes, the new tires are load range E. The 275/55-20 KO2s were D rated and I ran them at 50psi per BFGoodrich recommendations. I'll play around with the PSI on the new tires and see if that helps the ride. Based on what guys in these forums are saying, load range E tires are probably best run at close to 50psi, as well, but some have gone as low as 40psi and reported no issues. I just tend to trust what the manufacturer's R&D has shown to work best.

Thanks for the help!

I am pretty sure if you follow this, then you can reset your TPMS and they will learn the new set up:

The TPMS sensor matching process is outlined below:

1. Set the parking brake.

2. Turn the ignition switch to ON/RUN with the

engine off.

3. Press the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)

transmitter's LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the

same time for approximately five seconds. The

horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in

relearn mode and TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE

message displays on the DIC screen.

If your vehicle does not have RKE, press the

Driver Information Center (DIC) vehicle information

button until the PRESS V TO RELEARN TIRE

POSITIONS message displays. The horn sounds

twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode and

TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message displays on

the DIC screen.

If your vehicle does not have RKE or DIC buttons,

press the trip odometer reset stem located on the

instrument panel cluster until the PRESS V TO

RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays.

The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in

relearn mode and TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE

message displays on the DIC screen.

4. Start with the driver side front tire.

5. Remove the valve cap from the valve cap stem.

Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing or

decreasing the tire's air pressure for five seconds,

or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp, which

may take up to 30 seconds to sound, confirms that

the sensor identification code has been matched to

this tire and wheel position.

6. Proceed to the passenger side front tire, and

repeat the procedure in Step 5.

7. Proceed to the passenger side rear tire, and repeat

the procedure in Step 5.

8. Proceed to the driver side rear tire, and repeat the

procedure in Step 5. The horn sounds two times to

indicate the sensor identification code has been

matched to the driver side rear tire, and that the

TPMS sensor matching process is no longer

active. The TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message on

the DIC display screen goes off.

9. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF.

10. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure

level as indicated on the Tire and Loading

Information label.

11. Put the valve caps back on the valve stems.