Foglights On With High Beams

Does anyone have a few extra Diodes?

Wish I did. I sent all mine out awhile back. I think someone ordered 50 from Amazon about a month or so ago.

Delivered via my cellular device using a mobile chat forum thingy.
  • Like 1

Should i disconnect the battery before i do the 10/22 mod

I didn’t. It’s not really doing anything as long as the vehicle is shut off. There shouldn’t be any power to the plugs when it’s off.

Delivered via my cellular device using a mobile chat forum thingy.

On 8/21/2018 at 2:02 PM, pgamboa said:

856edf1902013facb37e3bdf1d1a932f.jpg Yes - good for 2014-2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure I already know the answer but wanted to be sure, does the Cargo Lamp/Reverse turn the cargo's on with the reverse lights?  I upgraded them all to LED's tonight and would like them all to come on when I go into reverse and unlock the truck.

*EDIT* Just noticed the diode hidden in the grey plug.  Is that one for the puddle lights?

Edited by Darmichar
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 8:31 PM, Silverado1475 said:

Should i disconnect the battery before i do the 10/22 mod

I've done the 10/22 twice, once on my 2014 and once on my 2018 without disconnecting the battery.  No issues whatsoever.

• Like 1

Pretty sure I already know the answer but wanted to be sure, does the Cargo Lamp/Reverse turn the cargo's on with the reverse lights?  I upgraded them all to LED's tonight and would like them all to come on when I go into reverse and unlock the truck.

*EDIT* Just noticed the diode hidden in the grey plug.  Is that one for the puddle lights?

Yes. That’s the diode to have he puddle lights follow the dome light. For 2014 trucks and some early 2015, this is needed for those with DL8 mirrors that upgrade to DL3 Mirrors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 2:02 PM, pgamboa said:

Phil,

Any special trick getting the diode to stay in contact?  The leads on my diodes seem much thinner than the ones in your pic (1N4004).  Perhaps I have the wrong ones?

Thanks,

Rick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, restorick2378 said:

Phil,

Any special trick getting the diode to stay in contact?  The leads on my diodes seem much thinner than the ones in your pic (1N4004).  Perhaps I have the wrong ones?

Thanks,

Rick

OH, trust me, they are all thin leads like that.  I used my smallest jewelers screwdriver/awl to make room for the leads to go in.  You will notice that mine was not as tight as Phil’s.  My fogs were set to go ON with HIGHs.  My picture is from my ‘15 that was totaled back in July.5b0ddc413c951_3ModsonChevyBCM.thumb.jpg.ade8adb12e10513e8956441071ed673e.jpg

Phil,

Thanks,
Rick

They are thin and flimsy. For the cargo/reverse, I found that trimming the lead slightly and JE. 90° bend ahead of time helps.

Also, try a different corner within the pin slot.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 3:02 PM, pgamboa said:

Will the cargo Lamps and upper light also go on when u unlock the truck as well with this mod?  Also What mod is the one u got in the gray one?

Thanks

Edited by PTP
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, PTP said:

Will the cargo Lamps and upper light also go on when u unlock the truck as well with this mod?  Also What mod is the one u got in the gray one?

Thanks

If you put the cargo light to come on with the reverse lights, unlock has nothing to do with them, unless you have the settings on the truck set to do so.  BUT, the diodes are one way, so if your cargo lights usually come on when you unlock/open the doors, reverse lights will not come on.

I had the same mods done on my ‘15, fogs ON with highs, cargos ON with reverse, and puddles ON with doors/interiors.  Grey mod is puddle lights ON when doors are open.  With the diode installed on GRY1 & GRY8, if you turn ON the interior lights, the puddles will light up, but not with individual map lights.  Found out that on my ‘18, I don’t need to do this mod.  I’m going to do the fogs/highs & cargo/reverse mods tomorrow.  I have a third diode, not sure what I want to do with it, yet.