Foglights On With High Beams

Will the cargo Lamps and upper light also go on when u unlock the truck as well with this mod?  Also What mod is the one u got in the gray one?

Thanks

At night, when you unlock your truck, your reverse light comes on. So if you perform the cargo/reverse light mod, the cargo lights, bed lights (if equipped), and tow mirror spot lights (if equipped) will come on anytime your reverse lights are on. This includes key fob unlock at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 1:37 PM, Roscopcoletrain said:

i hate diodes lol. 25min i played with them today to get them in. impossible :lol:

I used the smallest jewelers crosstie/awl to forge a path next to the pin to push the lead into.  My first one was just as rough, when I did this to my 15.  I ran them nearest corners to each pin, pushing leads all the way in.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LoweredKlass said:

Saw someone in a 2018 (same as me) today that had his fogs on with just his DRL at dusk.  Looked pretty cool, what is the option for this?  I've been reading through this thread, but haven't come across it yet?  Or more likely I'm just blind and/or dumb lol

There is a thread for Fogs as DRLs, but I'm sure that he/she took a diode and jumped it between Fogs (stripe to BRN-22) and DRL (BRN-7).  Keep in mind, you may/will not have control of your FOGs after this, may/will not be able to turn them off without removing the diode.

On 10/14/2018 at 11:07 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

I used the smallest jewelers crosstie/awl to forge a path next to the pin to push the lead into.  My first one was just as rough, when I did this to my 15.  I ran them nearest corners to each pin, pushing leads all the way in.  

I've given up lol. If i never have to touch another diode I'll be happy. sigh

8 minutes ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

I've given up lol. If i never have to touch another diode I'll be happy. sigh

I almost gave up when I first tried it.  @pgamboa gave me some encouragement, I went out the next day a K.O.d it out.  If you lived in my "neck of the woods," I'd do it for you, would only cost you an ice cold 20oz Mountain Dew. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

I almost gave up when I first tried it.  @pgamboa gave me some encouragement, I went out the next day a K.O.d it out.  If you lived in my "neck of the woods," I'd do it for you, would only cost you an ice cold 20oz Mountain Dew. 

appreciate the offer. tell me, do you find it easier to leave it plugged in or take it out and put them in? 

Just now, Roscopcoletrain said:

appreciate the offer. tell me, do you find it easier to leave it plugged in or take it out and put them in? 

I've never removed mine.  Even after the accident in July, they're still in the BCM.  I had to go buy new ones for my new truck, putting them in this afternoon, after work and running a couple "quick" errands.  I used my smallest jeweler's phillips screwdriver to make a little room along the pin (in the corner closest to the other pin), pushed the stripe end in first, then did the same with the other pin.  Don't remember how deep the slots are, I didn't trim any of the leads on my last truck, you'll need the length if you do the cargo lights & reverse lights mod.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LoweredKlass said:

Saw someone in a 2018 (same as me) today that had his fogs on with just his DRL at dusk.  Looked pretty cool, what is the option for this?  I've been reading through this thread, but haven't come across it yet?  Or more likely I'm just blind and/or dumb lol

You sure just the parking lights weren't on? I usually just push the fog light button and the parking lights come on, which also turns the taillights on but I don't mind. 

• Like 1

I just took a look at the BCM connector on my 2019 and the wire color coding is different and more slots are occupied!  Will have to wait for a 2019 BCM wiring diagram before attempting this mod.

On 10/18/2018 at 10:44 PM, LoweredKlass said:

On 10/19/2018 at 9:15 AM, Ravenkeeper said:

There is a thread for Fogs as DRLs, but I'm sure that he/she took a diode and jumped it between Fogs (stripe to BRN-22) and DRL (BRN-7).  Keep in mind, you may/will not have control of your FOGs after this, may/will not be able to turn them off without removing the diode.

I posted a 'how to' thread about this. Here you go: 

On 10/20/2018 at 12:26 PM, DougFL said:

I just took a look at the BCM connector on my 2019 and the wire color coding is different and more slots are occupied!  Will have to wait for a 2019 BCM wiring diagram before attempting this mod.

Somewhere in the first dozen or so pages of this thread, is the link to download the eBooklet(s) for these trucks.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 12:26 PM, DougFL said:

51 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Somewhere in the first dozen or so pages of this thread, is the link to download the eBooklet(s) for these trucks.

They may not have the '19s up yet.