Fords 2.7L Ecoboost

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an old rule, it's been around forever, yet Ford keeps forgetting.

There is no replacement for displacement!

I recently disabled my AFM on my 5.3, and my fuel mileage went UP! I am very happy with my current gas bill, considering I get to drive a full size V8 4X4 every day of the week. That is luxury most people do not have at all.

It's an old rule, it's been around forever, yet Ford keeps forgetting.

There is no replacement for displacement!

I recently disabled my AFM on my 5.3, and my fuel mileage went UP! I am very happy with my current gas bill, considering I get to drive a full size V8 4X4 every day of the week. That is luxury most people do not have at all.

me too....but does any one remember that little v6 with some turbos???? grand something or other...or the anniversary trans am with a little v6 that destroyed a lot of big engine cars. just saying, but agree that i would have a problem of a 6 banger in a truck, just doesnt seem right. also to note, ford does offer a 6.2 which is pretty nice. neighbour has a raptor and i must say i do have a little bit of truck crush on it!! lol!

me too....but does any one remember that little v6 with some turbos???? grand something or other...or the anniversary trans am with a little v6 that destroyed a lot of big engine cars. just saying, but agree that i would have a problem of a 6 banger in a truck, just doesnt seem right. also to note, ford does offer a 6.2 which is pretty nice. neighbour has a raptor and i must say i do have a little bit of truck crush on it!! lol!

Raptors are sweet trucks, and I'd probably own one on looks alone if I had money to throw away.

Wonder what fuel they were running in each... Imagine the knock retard the 5.3 was experiencing in high hot conditions. Put some quality 89 or perhaps e85 and run it again.

Wonder what fuel they were running in each... Imagine the knock retard the 5.3 was experiencing in high hot conditions. Put some quality 89 or perhaps e85 and run it again.

I'm sure whatever they ran in the Silverado wasn't in it's best interest.

My bet is 87 since that is what gm publishes.

That would be my bet too. You know they wouldn't use E85 lol!

What I want to see is Ford do the same test against the 6.2L Silverado, and then reveal the MPG of both. Not so sure they would have their chests puffed out as far then.

That would be my bet too. You know they wouldn't use E85 lol!

What I want to see is Ford do the same test against the 6.2L Silverado, and then reveal the MPG of both. Not so sure they would have their chests puffed out as far then.

They wouldn't use E85 since the EcoBoosts can't run on it.

Archived