Average cost for install of full catback?

My corsa catback is coming in tomorrow and want to install before weekend. What's normal cost for a local shop to take off old and install the new.

Also with the 2.5 full RC level kit is it possible taking off and on myself without raising truck on jacks... Etc?

My corsa catback is coming in tomorrow and want to install before weekend. What's normal cost for a local shop to take off old and install the new.

Also with the 2.5 full RC level kit is it possible taking off and on myself without raising truck on jacks... Etc?

My local muffler shop get $100 take off, dispose and install new one with welds.

I installed a Banks cat back on my 2011 in my garage by myself and just had the shop weld it later. My son just did a Corsa by himself on his 2010 in the driveway. We've done this a few times including some cars without jacks. Neither truck is lifted.

As I get older though, I think I'll let him do the next one!

The hardest part is getting the hangers loose. Good lube spray helps break them loose.

Good luck.

I could be wrong BUT I think having a shop weld your Corsa will void the warranty.

You are correct. I had a discussion with Corsa at SEMA last year. I was slightly pissed off. I had to have mine extended 1/4" and voided ths warranty of a $1000 exhaust system

You are correct. I had a discussion with Corsa at SEMA last year. I was slightly pissed off. I had to have mine extended 1/4" and voided ths warranty of a $1000 exhaust system

Wow. Good to know. I've never had to have one of the Corsa systems welded. My last one was a Banks cat back and the clamps never seems to hold it tight so I had it welded. Never had a problem with the Corsa systems - they use a different type of clamp. We put Corsa on '04 GTO, '01 T/A, CTS-V, '01 Tundra and 2010 Silverado. And a JBA on '01 Silverado. Only one "helped" by the shop was the Banks now that I think about it.

So, to the OP...there you go...do it yourself. If I can do all of these in my garage without jacks (except the GTO), you should certainly be able to do your truck...LOL...

I had to use a shop because I had just underwent surgery the week prior to installing. But my system isn't designed for "my truck". It is for an SS/Denali. The cross members on 2wd and 4wd are in different locations. I needed 1/4" to clear one

Thanks didn't see all this till now but went ahead and installed it at a friends garage, look stock all out in one piece and threw on the corsa. Had to cut the rear factory mud flap for the dual tip to fit without melting it. So I'll post pics tomorrow.

Thanks didn't see all this till now but went ahead and installed it at a friends garage, look stock all out in one piece and threw on the corsa. Had to cut the rear factory mud flap for the dual tip to fit without melting it. So I'll post pics tomorrow.

Pics and sound clip please!!

Mine was free because I did it myself.

You can do it without putting the truck on jack stands, but if you want to keep the stock exhaust you will need to jack up the rear right tire. Otherwise you will need to hack off the stock exhaust, then it would be relatively simply to remove it.

I was able to pull the stock exhaust out intact by just jacking up the rear right wheel, and fishing it out over the axle and out the back of the truck.

I figured if any one orders a custom exhaust it was to do it yourself or there is no custom exhaust shop around. I always use a local exhaust shop, the most I ever paid was 500$ for a custom exhaust. I guess I got lucky and have a good one, been using him for 35 years. Id put him up against any mail order exhaust. He can make anything I can dream up.

I figured if any one orders a custom exhaust it was to do it yourself or there is no custom exhaust shop around. I always use a local exhaust shop, the most I ever paid was 500$ for a custom exhaust. I guess I got lucky and have a good one, been using him for 35 years. Id put him up against any mail order exhaust. He can make anything I can dream up.

You're lucky... if i went to my local exhaust shops and said I want NO DRONE - they'd call me back in a day suggesting a Corsa system (since Corsa doesn't sell just mufflers).

You're lucky... if i went to my local exhaust shops and said I want NO DRONE - they'd call me back in a day suggesting a Corsa system (since Corsa doesn't sell just mufflers).

Its funny how that works, I run across this great exhaust guy I been using for 35 years and wonder why people spend all that money for mail order. Even the local dealers use him for dealer mods. He does all kinds of work takes about a week to get in. I live in a bubble.

Archived