What happened to the stepside bed pickups?

PMattras

I had one ... I loved my 1989 Chevrolet "Sportside" w/ 350 V8... Lol

Silver over Maroon two tone. And I got that newly released Lund Moonvisor with the marker lights for it. She was a good looking truck ... Sadly I have no "Digital" pics of her. Only a couple on old-school film ... :lol: ... Can't post them up

They later ones were hardly step side with the step going away and moving higher and in believe they even started calling them sport sides before they ditched them. I really liked them on old tricks were they flowed from the from fenders to running boards and then the step was even with that. My uncle had an old Ford with them and the chain tailgate. We would stand on the steps to ride to the next pile of wood we're picking up in the yard. Useful and good looking.

Other than ground clearance is rather have a lower bed. My old Nissan was so easy to load a dirt bike in, even after a long day of practice.

Ford still making them? I drove a shi* load of miles in IA and MO last week and I saw 2 red ones, a blue one, and a black Ford step side truck. No clue of the years.

Luck of the draw?

Here are some more of mine

Trail run from fall 2006 I think:

rocks.jpg

The aftermath of that trip- took hours to clean it at the shop the next day:

DSCF0001-1.jpg

Winter run, early 2007 I think. Guy up front got stuck, I tired to pull around to get him free and found a ditch instead:

wheeling4-5.jpg

Got unstuck thanks to that white Tacoma that took this pic and then got the stuck truck out:

• Like 1

• 4 years later...