Surprise, surprise. The dealer is claiming that the noise is "normal" and will not be making any repairs, even after the tech rode with me and stated that it was indeed NOT normal. Needless to say I'll be complaining lol... and it looks like I'll be strapping that valve down in the meantime.

• 1 month later...

The ticking in V4 mode is finally gone!

The tech determined it was caused by either a deffective or inproperly installed steering column seal. (Also called the stearing shaft boot)

Send me a message if you have any questions or if you want me to recomend a dealer in the Richmond area.

The ticking in V4 mode is finally gone!

The tech determined it was caused by either a deffective or inproperly installed steering column seal. (Also called the stearing shaft boot)

Send me a message if you have any questions or if you want me to recomend a dealer in the Richmond area.

So in other words when they fixed the seal the ticking noise is not getting into the Cab anymore.

Well, id like to fix it, but i had a nightmare experience the lasr time i took it in... They dented the hell out of my truck both inside and out, and were completely slack on many other things. As a result they had my truck 50+ days. I love my truck otherwise but i doubt i will ever purchase a chevy again after having these experiences.

• 11 months later...

That is correct. Apparently the noise is normal....its just not normal to hear it in the cab.

Are you still satisfied with the steering shaft seal repair to solve the ticking V4 noise? I've had mine in multiple times and it's getting very frustrating! New fuel pump, new AFM lifters, and nothing fixes it.

Are you still satisfied with the steering shaft seal repair to solve the ticking V4 noise? I've had mine in multiple times and it's getting very frustrating! New fuel pump, new AFM lifters, and nothing fixes it.

I'm afraid not. They are very friendly and have replaced the steering shaft boot twice and it fixes the problem for a few months then comes back. I have to take it in for recall stuff so I will ask them to take another look at it. I am getting very frustrated.....I also can't stand the clunking spastic transmission, whistling driviers side window, and now the peeling undercoating with rust.

This will be my last new GM. The older ones seemed like they were higher quality.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...