BFG AT KO2

And those are load range E tires correct? Not D which is standard for these trucks. How does that affect the ride quality or your mpg's? I hate that the only 18" rim versions of these tires are load range E.

I wish I had a non z71 with 17" rims. The money saved on the truck could have gone to immediate upgrades at shocks, metal skid plates, and better quality tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, the standard factory 1500 tires are 4-ply, P-rated. The max tow package might get a heavier rated tire, but I'm not 100% sure on that. But yes, it seems that most larger aftermarket tires are E-rated. A few companies (Toyo and Cooper) make LT tires in a 6-ply, C-range, which is great for a 1500.

Actually, the standard factory 1500 tires are 4-ply, P-rated. The max tow package might get a heavier rated tire, but I'm not 100% sure on that. But yes, it seems that most larger aftermarket tires are E-rated. A few companies (Toyo and Cooper) make LT tires in a 6-ply, C-range, which is great for a 1500.

Load Range C Cooper AT3's currently on my truck. Perfect for a 1500 IMO.

Load Range C Cooper AT3's currently on my truck. Perfect for a 1500 IMO.

Yep, I agree! It's a great way to run a stronger, deeper tread, LT tire without going overkill. I ran C-rated Cooper AT3's most recently, then switched to C-rated Toyo AT2's this time around. I think Mastercraft and Goodyear are about the only other brands that offer C-range tires for 17" and 18" rims. Most other brands are either P-rated or E-range. :dunno:

No c-rated tires for us 20" folk. :(

My '15 Max Tow 6.2 came with P-rated Eagle LS-2s. I might go with a C or D rated tire in the future. I was hoping the 18" wheels would be lighter than the stock 20s and would help offset the extra weight of the E rated tires but that didn't happen or at least not enough - the extra weight being further out from center doesn't help. I still have my 20s which I intend to use for non-towing extended driving.

Edited by Red_5

Yeah they're P rated but in load range D. On my 2007 I put on LT rated load range D BFG's. I have to go a step higher to E to get BFG's on this truck unless I want to buy new rims which I don't want to do. So I guess I'm looking at alternate tire manufacturers....

No c-rated tires for us 20" folk. :(

Nope, you're out of luck there. Most LT tires are going to be E-range. You can find XL (extra load) P-rated tires in 20" though.

My '15 Max Tow 6.2 came with P-rated Eagle LS-2s. I might go with a C or D rated tire in the future. I was hoping the 18" wheels would be lighter than the stock 20s and would help offset the extra weight of the E rated tires but that didn't happen or at least not enough - the extra weight being further out from center doesn't help. I still have my 20s which I intend to use for non-towing extended driving.

It seems ridiculous that GM would put passenger tires on a max tow truck, even if they're XL load rated. A light truck tire would tow a lot better.

Yeah they're P rated but in load range D. On my 2007 I put on LT rated load range D BFG's. I have to go a step higher to E to get BFG's on this truck unless I want to buy new rims which I don't want to do. So I guess I'm looking at alternate tire manufacturers....

So, you mean they're passenger tires that have a load rating that's close to a D-range light truck tire? They must be XL, because I've never seen a SL passenger tire that approaches the load rating of D-range LT tires. What's the load index of your stock tires?

Summer Set up

20151010_154025.jpg

Man I wish I could find a new set of the original KOs. I just don't like the overboard design on the sidewall of the KO2s. Have always wanted a set of KOs and when I finally get a job where I can afford to do so, they go and switch the look to something I'm really not fond of. I do understand they're an improved tire overall though.

Has anybody sold their SRAs? i have less than 8k on mine.

I just traded my SRA's off for KO2's at the local tire shop. I got $125 each for my SRA's that had 12,000km on them. When they gave me that quote I took it and ran because I wouldn't pay that for them new.

• Like 2

Has anybody sold their SRAs? i have less than 8k on mine.

Local tire shop gave me and my girl 400 for each set towards my MTs and her Ko2s. Mine still had stickers on them (bought truck used and they put a fresh set on for me) and my girls has maybe 6K miles on hers.

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

Local tire shop gave me and my girl 400 for each set towards my MTs and her Ko2s. Mine still had stickers on them (bought truck used and they put a fresh set on for me) and my girls has maybe 6K miles on hers.

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

What size u get?