BFG AT KO2

I guess I was under the impression they were a GM product and not a replica. I know they are essentially the GMC wheel in black so maybe he swapped the center cap's?

I just ordered a set of these wheels in gloss black powder coat from LA Wheel and Tire. They're a factory oem wheel, not aftermarket. Total cost to buy the wheels and get them refinished to gloss black was $1650. I wanted the piece of mind knowing I had am oem wheel and not a China made aftermarket one.

I just ordered a set of these wheels in gloss black powder coat from LA Wheel and Tire. They're a factory oem wheel, not aftermarket. Total cost to buy the wheels and get them refinished to gloss black was $1650. I wanted the piece of mind knowing I had am oem wheel and not a China made aftermarket one.

To my surprise, most of the K2xx oem wheels are made in China. My stock 20" Denali and the 20" AT wheels were.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

To my surprise, most of the K2xx oem wheels are made in China. My stock 20" Denali and the 20" AT wheels were.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

That wouldn't surprise me a bit. I would still think an OEM manufacturer must be held to a high standard. Regardless of country of origin.

^Another blow to the "American truck". You wonder why people are buying the Texas made Tundra. The more issues the K2's have and the more you find out they're by the Chi-coms.... FML.

Edited by FL335i

^Another blow to the "American truck". You wonder why people are buying the Texas made Tundra. The more issues the K2's have and the more you find out they're by the Chi-coms.... FML.

45% of the K2xx pickup truck contents are made in North America! The Tundra and the F-150 contain 70%

Interestingly, 60% of the K2xx SUVs contents are made in North America.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/top-10/top-10-most-american-trucks-for-2015.html

'Buy American' isn't what it used to be!

^No it's not. I love the new K2 trucks. When I bought in Aug of '14, it was honestly the best truck I could buy. Ford had not rolled out the new aluminum '15's yet. Rams are well.... Rams. Tundra's are porky piggy and get 13mpg's. Old platform of a truck. I was up against the wall and needed a truck within a week due to a job change. So it was a no brainer. GM Family discount, safest truck i could buy at the time and I liked it, and it was the newest updated truck. Done deal. but in almost 2yrs, things have changed as they always do. One would be an idiot to not honestly put the F150 on the table. I like their 5.0 and the 3.5 Turbo engine. Only engines I'd put on the table. The new F150 has had rave reviews regarding the ride quality. My two complaints about F150's since '04 has been the high bed rail height and some of the cheaper interiors.

Edited by FL335i

^No it's not. I love the new K2 trucks. When I bought in Aug of '14, it was honestly the best truck I could buy. Ford had not rolled out the new aluminum '15's yet. Rams are well.... Rams. Tundra's are porky piggy and get 13mpg's. Old platform of a truck. I was up against the wall and needed a truck within a week due to a job change. So it was a no brainer. GM Family discount, safest truck i could buy at the time and I liked it, and it was the newest updated truck. Done deal. but in almost 2yrs, things have changed as they always do. One would be an idiot to not honestly put the F150 on the table. I like their 5.0 and the 3.5 Turbo engine. Only engines I'd put on the table. The new F150 has had rave reviews regarding the ride quality. My two complaints about F150's since '04 has been the high bed rail height and some of the cheaper interiors.

I went from F150 to my 2014 GMC Sierra Z71 and had a similar positive experience upon the switch. But I don't agree that the new F150 is better looking, better riding or has a better interior. I have two friends that just bought one each and the only thing I was remotely envious of was the gas mileage....one has the 5.0 v8 with something like 380hp (don't quote me) and the other has the turbo v6. Both getting ~22mpg while I struggle to stay above 17mpg. The v8 was towing the same trailer I routinely tow and even with more hp than my GMC, it seemed to be hunting for gears and downshifting. I think my DC is rated higher in towing but regardless, my GMC handled the tow a lot better than the F150.

IMO the best thing F150s had going for them in the 04 new body style was the tall bed side that set them apart in looks. Now, they have lowered the bed side height and it looks like a bobble-head doll. Too much cab...not enough bed. It's obvious when you ride in one how long and tall the windshield is....just not proportional like the GMs....some might say Fugly. The ride is ehhhhhh....my leveled Z71 is on par if not better. If I wasn't leveled, my GMC would blow them away with the sweet ride it had when it came from the factory. F150 interior is cluttered, clunky and just cheap looking. Way too busy in the dash. I think the Ford would win over the amount of electronic options and dials and gauges and gadgets it can cram in that dash, but It made it feel more like a car than a truck you would want to do work in.

If I've said it once, I've said it a dozen times to my wife: "Man, I'm sure glad I went for the Sierra instead of waiting for the new F150." Plus, both my friends with F150s paid $10K+ over what I paid....gonna take them a long time to recoup that in gas mileage while they drive a truck that looks like a Tonka toy with a bobble head.

Edited by bcbz71

^I agree with a lot of what you said bcbz71. I'm not fond of the new F150's looks or interior but am glad they lowered the bed rail height. their front end and nose looks real small too. I need to get the slight 77mph+ rear vibration out of my K2 truck and I'll be happy as a clam. mine is not even close to being as bad as some on this forum or you tube. At the end of the day, I bought my K2 with a business mind set. Good long power train warranty, simple reliable and cheap to maintain engine and at the time it was the only 5 star rated safety truck. Plus I rather have an auto locker vs a E-locker. and the K2 was the quietest interior. Yes the E-locker is more hard core, but I've rock crawled and wheeled a lot. I ran Detroit front and rear. Never cared for the the ARB lockers. Not even on my TRD Off-road Tacoma. Hated having to lock it. I like how the auto lockers work. Detroit Lockers FTW.

• 1 month later...