BFG AT KO2

they do. and i have them...and theyre for sale and in like new condition!

285/65/18

Completely different.

Mine are 285/65/20.

285/65r18 is exactly: 32.5" tall x 11.5" wide

285/65r20 is exactly: 34.5" tall x 11.5" wide.

Source: https://shop.bfgoodrichtires.com/upload/bfgoodrich/specifications/All-Terrain%20T-A%20KO2-Off-Road%20Tires-TechSpecs.xls

2" difference is huge.

BFG does not make a size for the 18" rim similar to my 20" size.

• Like 2

d97b59f39f5862da3cfcd0eed80ce602.jpg

My set up is a 295/70R18 with a 3.5" lift the Fuel rims are a +20 offset which is pretty close to stock. Couldn't do much more without rubbing on the fender tires are Cooper STT Pros and measure about 34.5"× 12"

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Completely different.

Mine are 285/65/20.

Source: https://shop.bfgoodrichtires.com/upload/bfgoodrich/specifications/All-Terrain%20T-A%20KO2-Off-Road%20Tires-TechSpecs.xls

2" difference is huge.

That's correct. I look online and couldn't find an equivalent size but they do make a 34/12.50R18 and a 35/12.50R18 but I worry with the width they'll rub.

My set up is pretty much the same as yours except a add-a-leaf and helper spring in the rear vice your airbags.

How much clearance do you have with your set up? Based on yours do you think a 12.50 width will fit and not rub or is it gonna put me over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely different.

Mine are 285/65/20.

2" difference is huge.

BFG may not, but there are plenty of 295/70R18s out there which is very similar in size. And they will rub with just a level, just like his does with his 20s.

That's correct. I look online and couldn't find an equivalent size but they do make a 34/12.50R18 and a 35/12.50R18 but I worry with the width they'll rub.

My set up is pretty much the same as yours except a add-a-leaf and helper spring in the rear vice your airbags.

How much clearance do you have with your set up? Based on yours do you think a 12.50 width will fit and not rub or is it gonna put me over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12.5 will rub.

BFG may not, but there are plenty of 295/70R18s out there which is very similar in size. And they will rub with just a level, just like his does with his 20s.

No rub, see below how to fix.

Im think about doing the same tire set up with my truck. Do these rub any?

thanks.

No rubbing if you do this to pull back the inner fenders:

ITF51A9.jpg

Here's how much clearance this gave me at full lock:

7pcMxlz.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am running LT 275/70R18 KO2's on my 2015 2500 HD 6.0. I love 'em. I live rural and deal with several miles of gravel road any time I leave the house. They do a great job when the gravel road is a muddy mess. They do a fantastic job for work on the property. Fantastic for snow plowing also. They ride great and are pretty quiet on the highway. Had them on for a year now and they look almost brand new. I didn't lift the pickup. I lowered the back a couple of inches using McGaughy's drop shackles so the pickup didn't look so much like a cat in heat and put on a set of Sumosprings on the back for some support. The Sumo's give a ride almost like I have air bags under the back.

I got the load / pressure chart from BFG on these tires and inflate them more in line to that recommendation based on the load on the tires at the time. I only inflate up to OEM recommended pressures if I am really going to be loading up the 2500 close to max gross. Most of the time, when empty, I am running 55 up front and 50 in back. Great ride, good even wear.

BFG KO2 18.pdf

BFG KO2 18.pdf

BFG KO2 18.pdf

BFG KO2 18.pdf

Edited by Cowpie

I am running LT 275/70R18 KO2's on my 2015 2500 HD 6.0. I love 'em. I live rural and deal with several miles of gravel road any time I leave the house. They do a great job when the gravel road is a muddy mess. They do a fantastic job for work on the property. Fantastic for snow plowing also. They ride great and are pretty quiet on the highway. Had them on for a year now and they look almost brand new. I didn't lift the pickup. I lowered the back a couple of inches using McGaughy's drop shackles so the pickup didn't look so much like a cat in heat and put on a set of Sumosprings on the back for some support. The Sumo's give a ride almost like I have air bags under the back.

I got the load / pressure chart from BFG on these tires and inflate them more in line to that recommendation based on the load on the tires at the time. I only inflate up to OEM recommended pressures if I am really going to be loading up the 2500 close to max gross. Most of the time, when empty, I am running 55 up front and 50 in back. Great ride, good even wear.

attachicon.gifBFG KO2 18.pdf

How did you get that? On the website or have to contact them?

I contacted BFG thru their website and asked for it. Now you have play a little coy in doing so. Never tell a tire maker what vehicle you have the tires on, only the tire type and size. If you tell them the vehicle, they just punt back to the OEM. If you state only tire type and size, they will give you the load pressure chart for that tire. That is how I got it.

On commercial tires, we use load pressure charts religiously to maximize tire life and performance. I take that same mindset and do thus with my pickup tires. The tire maker is the one who made the tire. They put in all the R&D and they know how the tire should be used. The vehicle OEM recommended pressures are for max gross loading of the vehicle, and for that, they would be right. But the 2500, at least mine, there is 2300 lb difference between empty weight and GVRW.

Edited by Cowpie

I contacted BFG thru their website and asked for it. Now you have play a little coy in doing so. Never tell a tire maker what vehicle you have the tires on, only the tire type and size. If you tell them the vehicle, they just punt back to the OEM. If you state only tire type and size, they will give you the load pressure chart for that tire. That is how I got it.

On commercial tires, we use load pressure charts religiously to maximize tire life and performance. I take that same mindset and do thus with my pickup tires. The tire maker is the one who made the tire. They put in all the R&D and they know how the tire should be used. The vehicle OEM recommended pressures are for max gross loading of the vehicle, and for that, they would be right. But the 2500, at least mine, there is 2300 lb difference between empty weight and GVRW.

Makes sense, when going to a total different wheel and tire size I would think the OEM go out the window too. Going from a stock 20 to a 17 with 33 cant imagine OEM air pressure would be right.

Makes sense, when going to a total different wheel and tire size I would think the OEM go out the window too. Going from a stock 20 to a 17 with 33 cant imagine OEM air pressure would be right.

Changing wheel sizes shouldn't matter too much (as long as it's 17,18, 20, or 22), it's when your tire goes up or down in load range that the pressures come into play. Or when towing/loading down the bed.

Finally got into the K02 club! I got a good deal on CL for these Mehtod NV's last Dec but never got around to getting them put on until now. Lost a little power to the extra rotating mass but it was less than I had feared. Rides better than my stock 20s did so worth the trade off!

17x8.5 285/70/17

nyEqVSS.jpg

npOeyrh.jpg

0Ds895O.jpg

dsZa8W5.jpg

8BDAgwl.jpg

XktndFw.jpg

MsYbBaw.jpg

Edited by jrob56
  • Like 3