BFG AT KO2

Leveled 2015 4x4 Z71. Gonna be buying sooner than expected. 275/60r20 or 305/55r20. Leaning toward the latter b/c more meat on the road. Pros and cons of each would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by namanc6

Dude super clean truck. looking at your truck makes me think I should have put the white letters out. I got my lift done in your neck of the woods by the guys at Camburg

Thanks, I got a buddy that works at the burg.. Good dudes! You running their upper arm? I never see anyone rocking the white walls so that's why I did it.. I wish that bfg would make them with the red and blue like they do for our race tires

• Like 1

Tell us more about this size..... Do you think you could have gone one size larger, or is this the limit for a level? How is the front and rear view?....nice and beefy look? MPG loss? Road noise? OK, enough questions for now.

I've heard of people going as large as 295 with minor trimming but tire would rub at full turn. I decided to go with 285 so i wouldn't have any of those issues. You do get a bit of road noise but very minimal. I notice it around 80-90mph. It doesn't ride as nice as stock but it looks damn good! Here are a few more pics

GbyDi08.jpgPD5fofA.jpgIEnM7nl.jpg

• Like 1

I have run these tires on my 2500 HD for 6 months and 7,000 miles. These tires look awesome and perform really well on the highway, around town and off road (legit soft sand and dirt). I tow a 10,000 trailer once or twice a month and these tires can not handle it. After switching from a set of Michelin LTX's to these, the sway that was created by the KO's was unacceptable. Even worse, after 7,000 miles, my tires are showing over 50% tread ware. A buddy of mine who had these tires on his 3500 HD and tows about as often as I do, only got 12,000 out of these tires. The guys a my local Discount Tire are telling that they are seeing the same thing, namely these tires can not handle the big trucks and they are wearing out fast.

If your kicking around town, these tires rock! If you hauling, they don't rock !

I'm wondering if anyone is seeing unusual wear on their front tires. I noticed today that the tread on the outside edges looks like it's wearing more than it should. I assume it's from turning since the back tires don't show this wear at all. I've only got like 4000 miles on mine with essentially no gravel.

Pretty much all the lugs on the outside edge of the tire show wear like this, while the ones in the center of the tire are fine. I'm running about 38 PSI in the tires.

I have almost 10k miles on my BFGs and I can't see any noticeable wear. I run my tire pressure at about 50 in front and 55 for the rears. I have about 4K miles of towing a 8k pound travel trailer on these tires too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if anyone is seeing unusual wear on their front tires. I noticed today that the tread on the outside edges looks like it's wearing more than it should. I assume it's from turning since the back tires don't show this wear at all. I've only got like 4000 miles on mine with essentially no gravel.

Pretty much all the lugs on the outside edge of the tire show wear like this, while the ones in the center of the tire are fine. I'm running about 38 PSI in the tires.

Try bumping your pressure up. When I put my 275/70R18 I emailed BFG for their recommended pressure and they replied with 48 psi.

What tire pressure is everyone running on 275/60/20?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just got off the phone with BFG and they recommend 50 PSI.

On a side note, if my tires were wearing poorly because my tire shop underinflated them, is it possible take them back and ask for some sort of reimbursement? Or is it just all on me for not having them inflated properly?

I'm interested in knowing also, since I'm planning to buy the same tire and size. Gonna buy from Costco because of their warranty.

I bought my BFGs from Costco and at least at my local store they said there wasn't a wear warranty. It's been over six months so maybe I'm getting that mixed up but I buy a lot of tires from Costco and these were the first that they mentioned there wasn't the usual warranty.

Edit: I'm at Costco getting tires rotated on a different car and they said there's no mileage warranty.

Edited by Red_5

From what I know, there is no mileage warranty on the KO2. I believe there's a wear warranty. But Costco does have a warranty against incidental damage to their tires subject to prorated credit being applied to purchase of the new tire.