Real world driving, prices, and complaints??

08CHEVYMAN

I worked at a chevy dealership back when the k2xx trucks were being released and we did a big "Chevy vs. All" campaign where we brought in similarly equipped Ford and Dodge trucks. I had nothing going on one day and literally spent a few hours testing all the different trucks on the same route (nothing scientific mind you) as similarly as possible. In the end the Ram actually impressed me but it was clear the Silverado was a step ahead. As Far as mpg went, the Ford with the 5.0 was last,followed closely by the Ram and best was the Chevy.

Another big complaint we had about the 3.6 in both the Traverse and equinox was the poor MPG.

Point is, Fords V8 sucks fuel and so does the 3.6. I know the 5.3 would have been overkill but sure seems GM did something right with that motor since they get pretty much the same mpg as the smaller and lighter Colorado.

AFM, maybe? My daughter couldn't find the Colorado she wanted and is now considering a Silverado or Sierra. She may just order one, but I'd like to know real world gas mileage results on the 3.6L Colorado/Canyon before she orders.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 3.6L, while quite peppy at 305HP does drink the gas a bit too much. I have the 3.6L in my Impala and love the performance, but unless it is all highway driving, in which I can get upwards of 34MPG, I'm averaging about 19 around town on winter blend gas.

I would wait till the newness wears off and can get better prices. They are nice looking smaller trucks but, I got my full sized 14 for cheaper than their selling the mid sized for with the same equipment plus a V8. Speaking of that I want to see the real world gas mileage, losing 80 HP in a truck that's 1/3 smaller for 5 MPG that cost more is not a winning formula. Im sure time will cure the cost problem.

I agree. I had a guy bragging to me about the price he paid for his Colorado, which was more than I paid for my '14 Sierra when they first came out.

• 4 weeks later...

only complaint with mine is the carry over of the service 4wd issue from the other GMC vehicles, its an old issue that the same parts cause and still goes un fixed by GM

i drive 95% hwy and my fuel bill on the 4x4 slt isnt much more than my 2.013 genesis coupe 2.0t was (premium fuel) granted i drove it hard, computer shows 9.4L/100 best 9.8l/100 avg and its been -20 c for weeks here

only complaint with mine is the carry over of the service 4wd issue from the other GMC vehicles, its an old issue that the same parts cause and still goes un fixed by GM

i drive 95% hwy and my fuel bill on the 4x4 slt isnt much more than my 2.013 genesis coupe 2.0t was (premium fuel) granted i drove it hard, computer shows 9.4L/100 best 9.8l/100 avg and its been -20 c for weeks here

I traded a V6 Geneses Coup for my 14 GMC, I got 18 in town and 27 on the HWY. I drove the piss out of it and loved every minute of it. I just need a new P/U again. I still have a Geneses Sedan and a Elantra I gave to my daughter. Im waiting for the new 4WD diesel Hyundai P/U to come out, if its anything like their cars by by GMC. And I love my GMC but ive had zero problems with the Hyundais Ive owned.

I traded a V6 Geneses Coup for my 14 GMC, I got 18 in town and 27 on the HWY. I drove the piss out of it and loved every minute of it. I just need a new P/U again. I still have a Geneses Sedan and a Elantra I gave to my daughter. Im waiting for the new 4WD diesel Hyundai P/U to come out, if its anything like their cars by by GMC. And I love my GMC but ive had zero problems with the Hyundais Ive owned.

my 4 week old canyon has been in the shop more than my 2011 sonota 2.0t and 2013 genesis coupe 2.0t combined over 4 years already lol

SLT canyon

just the service 4x4 error in cold weather, need to go in to get it reset every time it colds to get the truck out of 4x4, GM temp fix is leave it in 2wd when its shut off, not auto

unfortunately its an issue carried over from 2014 sierra and apparently previous years and still no real solution to it

if they cant fix it at least make it so we can relearn the tccm positions ourselves in the menus somehow...or default the switch to 2wd when vehicle it shut off

SLT canyon

just the service 4x4 error in cold weather, need to go in to get it reset every time it colds to get the truck out of 4x4, GM temp fix is leave it in 2wd when its shut off, not auto

unfortunately its an issue carried over from 2014 sierra and apparently previous years and still no real solution to it

if they cant fix it at least make it so we can relearn the tccm positions ourselves in the menus somehow...or default the switch to 2wd when vehicle it shut off

Have not had this issue on 2015 Colorado, at least as of yet.

Have not had this issue on 2015 Colorado, at least as of yet.

Colorado doesn't have an auto setting, only 2wd 4wd 4lo, believe the issue is the auto (awd) option on the Canyon that is the issue, my guess is since the system is partially engaged when its shut off and in the cold temps things move slower on the next start a sensor complains if something hasnt moved in a timely manner and it just throws the code and disables the switch

SLT canyon

Got it... Sucks for you but at least it's a small thing. I have left mine in Auto around 20 degrees F. What temp are we talking about?

if it doesn't move that's one thing, not moving and failing to reset when it warms up and leaving the 4x4 control knob disabled and truck left in 4h until i go to a dealer to clear it... is not

atleast give users a reset process to do ourselves in the driveway if they cant program a fix

Archived