Need Advice - Best Products for Detailing

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do yourself (and pocketbook) a favor and research Zaino.

I always thought Zaino products were kind of pricey. They are really great, from what I've heard, however.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I always thought Zaino products were kind of pricey. They are really great, from what I've heard, however.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

More expensive than Autozone, sure, but you'll soon appreciate how far it goes. In the long run, you will save. Plus get a superior finish.

I'm a heavy user (insert joke), and even I've had a bottle dry out before I used it.

More expensive than Autozone, sure, but you'll soon appreciate how far it goes. In the long run, you will save. Plus get a superior finish.

I'm a heavy user (insert joke), and even I've had a bottle dry out before I used it.

Good to know. I just bought my first black vehicle so I've been researching different products and keep coming back to Zaino.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Good to know. I just bought my first black vehicle so I've been researching different products and keep coming back to Zaino.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Z-CS is absolutely every bit as good as they advertise it to be. Stuff is dang near magical.

It's all about the prep work not so much necessarily the product

Ryan

Amen. And, with black, careful selection of weapons. NO polyester wash cloths.

From reading about these products its clear I will need to do a clay bar, sealant and then a wax or polish. Not sure about paint correction until I see the vehicle. Adams is $$$$, final coat is wax; Zaino is $$$ and is polymer and polish. Neither available for retail. I'm intrigued by Collins 485 which is $ and available here in Canada supposed to be amazing wax. Need to find a sealer, clay bar is easy to find locally. Don't need a show car finish just want something durable and nice for $$. Don't have a clear answer yet!

It's all about the prep work not so much necessarily the product

Ryan

This. The amount of marketing spent on marketing in auto detailing products is unreal. The average Joe can make there vehicle look fantastic using "store bought" products and technique from youtube. In 2015, you can learn how to do most anything from proper research and youtube.

There is no need to buy expensive "name brand" products unless you're going for a completely flawless shine to be judged in a competition.

Hallelujah brother. I'm looking for products with best value for what I need, not "apply this spray then do that, then spray with this before applying this other thing". Too much of that at $25 a piece.

This is a vehicle, this is not brain surgery.

If an affordable, best solution is not obvious at this point in time... its all marketing.

Which is why I respect a product like Collinite?

If you have the ability to get your finish perfect by washing, claying and multi-step polishing to perfection AND you intend to keep it that way (no tunnel washes) - I LOVE Opticoat. Their polishes are awesome as well and for maintenance, I use ONR.

I still have a soft spot for Zaino and use some of their products, but they're a little outdated in terms of longevity and durability.

i tried collinite on my new truck and im very happy with the results! from what i understand it is more of a longer lasting wax than shine producer. dont get me wrong it still gives the truck a great shine but not as much as a higher end paste wax etc. i love the ease of use came off with little effort.

also price was good! around $20.00 a bottle and you could do about thirty applications with one bottle.

maybe once you get the acardia looking good you could use this wax to keep it looking good while the kids are driving it around not worrying about its paint!!

goodluck!

Archived