Removing chrome window trim

I'm wanting to remove my chrome window trim on my 2015 Silverado. Not sure exactly how to do it and I have searched forever and cannot find anything. Anybody have an idea?

its easy first roll the window all the way down. on the front doors there is a small screw on the end of the trim on the rear doors it is towards the front of the door under the weather stripping. When the windows down you can see inside the door and you will see white tabs at the base of the trim. Use a long flat blade screw driver or a right angled pick like i did. I started toward the front of the doors, gently pull the clip in towards the truck and pull upwards on the trim. I did that on the first couple clips and the ones toward the back of the door unclipped by pulling up on the trim. To put the black trim in just slide it down and you will hear the clips snap in. All is left is to put the screw back in. First door took a little bit to get the hang of it but the other 3 only took a few moments each.

Edited by 05cyclone
  • Like 1

its easy first roll the window all the way down. on the front doors there is a small screw on the end of the trim on the rear doors it is towards the front of the door under the weather stripping. When the windows down you can see inside the door and you will see white tabs at the base of the trim. Use a long flat blade screw driver or a right angled pick like i did. I started toward the front of the doors, gently pull the clip in towards the truck and pull upwards on the trim. I did that on the first couple clips and the ones toward the back of the door unclipped by pulling up on the trim. To put the black trim in just slide it down and you will hear the clips snap in. All is left is to put the screw back in. First door took a little bit to get the hang of it but the other 3 only took a few moments each.

Awesome, thanks a lot! Curious if anybody would want to trade their black trim for my chrome?

Make sure you put some painters tape or other low adhesive tape under the trim on the door and above the part that extends past the window, I have a couple hair size scratches from the first one I did.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 2:08 AM, Silverado_fan27 said:

Yes but how does it come off I see the screw on the front but how does the rest window trim come off? 

I’d like to know this too

Take the torx screw out and pull the trim up vertically from the end where the screw goes into if u pull staight up u wont break any clips the rears u should pop off the weather stripping that covers the screw at the b pillar side of the rear doors super easy 10 min job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...