Will a Black Bear Tune Void My Warranty???

I really want a Black Bear tune but after spending time here on the forum am concerned over the warranty issue.

I know I can get a back up ECM to bring it back to stock but also understand there's a flash counter that cannot be reset regardless of the ECM.

What's the real story about a tune and the warranty?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dealer can and will see if you have altered the stock (and proprietary, by the way, just like Windows) ECM programming and if it can be even slightly surmised that the problem is related to that, warranty coverage for that component will be denied and the VIN will be blacklisted.

Really.

I've been using can tunes since 2001, once you go there it's hard to drive stock. Can't blame the ones who don't . The next warranty claim denial for a tune will be first I've heard, on a gas vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get a monthly report from on star, and it knows that I have a device plugged in, I have a BullyDog GT

Do you know that the dealer also gets that report? I found that out Thursday. I told them I did want it and in an attempt to convince me otherwise she mentioned that they would not get a copy either.

Do you know that the dealer also gets that report? I found that out Thursday. I told them I did want it and in an attempt to convince me otherwise she mentioned that they would not get a copy either.

Yeah , I kinda figured that, I have 37" tires so I'm using the programmer to reset my tire size to the vehicles computer, I don't think I'm getting much performance out of the programmer because of my lift and tires, I'm just gambling and hopeing that nothing will happen to my truck

E85 and tow haul mode make a huge difference.

No E85 in South Jersey (at least none I've been able to find)

Kinda makes me wonder why they even spec it out as an option here. Although every truck I've seen has the E85 option. Not to mention you pay the extra $ on the sticker.

I get a monthly report from on star, and it knows that I have a device plugged in, I have a BullyDog GT

How does it show on the OnStar report? I just flashed my truck when I got my bully dog, never kept it plugged in. Is it pretty obvious with some sort of alert that you got something plugged in?

How does it show on the OnStar report? I just flashed my truck when I got my bully dog, never kept it plugged in. Is it pretty obvious with some sort of alert that you got something plugged in?

i don't have a report that they send, they send it once a month, I think I'm down to my last month of on star, but it shows the diagnostics of the engine, transmission, air bags ect, but instead of it showing a diagnostic report it just says unable to show report due to plug in Device,

i don't have a report that they send, they send it once a month, I think I'm down to my last month of on star, but it shows the diagnostics of the engine, transmission, air bags ect, but instead of it showing a diagnostic report it just says unable to show report due to plug in Device,

Hum.. I was almost temped to keep my bully dog gt plugged in, I guess that idea is out of the window now....

Archived