Jennifer @customer service gm

Took my 2014 Silverado 4x4 in to dealer as advised because of it shifting into neutral (transfer case update done three times)which has almost caused the truck to run my wife and children over,and also because it will go into drive when you select reverse which has caused near collisions three times in a month,not to mention the dash and stereo going blank all the time until you pull over and restart it three to four times.the mechanic was polite and professional and told me he didn't know what to do with it cause there were no codes,I asked him to call a gm engineer but he wants to have my truck and drive it for a couple of weeks to see if he can experience what we are going thru.i then called Jennifer at gm Canada to see if they could talk to an engineer and relay to mechanic I was told no.i told her I was not happy letting someone drive my truck for two weeks to see if they can replicate what I told them.thats the way it is so I suggested a possible buy back as the truck has had these issues ongoing and that the truck was going to hurt or kill someone.she said no way it's a used truck,and told me to trade it in if I'm not happy.at that point I lost it and said why would I trade in a truck with 12000 Kms on it only to get another gm truck and lose a ton of cash too plus give gm another sale.un freaking real! So looks like I have to get a lawyer involved now.or an arbitrator with the Canadian auto association to try to get a resolution.bottom line is I want either a new truck or a buyback!!!im sick of bringing it in and having some of the same issues.i got a lemon and a truck that I paid 50000 for and can't drive without fear of injury or death to myself or others.i am going to contact Cbc and several national newspapers to see if they will run my story as people need to know about gm and how they deal with people even after all the media attention and the many deaths they have caused and how they have changed!well guess what they don't care about me you or anyone for that matter.if anyone out there has had similar issues please email me as I am now collecting any and all story's that I am going to compile in my case against gm.

Thank you

Frustraing, we can tell.

Unfortunately, things have a process. It seems as if your process is to let the dealer drive your truck, find the issue themselves, and work towards resolution.

The 'national' papers will not run a story of poor customer service, especially not one where it sounds as if the client isn't willing to follow the retailors process.

Turn the truck in to the dealer. Let them resolve. Get a buyback/get it fixed. If you decide, get rid of it and never purchase GM again.

Sucks buddy, but someone lied to you if they said life's a peach.

explain to me how

Took my 2014 Silverado 4x4 in to dealer as advised because of it shifting into neutral (transfer case update done three times)which has almost caused the truck to run my wife and children over

this can happen? thanks.

Took my 2014 Silverado 4x4 in to dealer as advised because of it shifting into neutral (transfer case update done three times)which has almost caused the truck to run my wife and children ove

explain to me how

Not reading the manual. It's clearly stated to apply the parking brake when vehicle is parked.

so long

j-ten-ner

Unfortunately you need a long list of problems to get GM to buy it back, also I don't think I've ever heard of them buying back a vehicle that was bought used.

I'd just calm down and give them a chance to fix it, if they can't and you're nice to them then they should help. I'm nice to my service guy and he's nice to me, courtesy goes both ways.

Also don't forget first grade grammar, It would make your rant a lot easier to read.

Your concerns are real, your approach is not and your not going to be taken seriously. There is a process for all of this, you may not agree to the process but it is what is. GM does not buy back from a second owner, it makes sense sorry. Good thing is you have a warranty, and GM will make it right.

Your concerns are real, your approach is not and your going to be taken seriously. There is a process for all of this, you may not agree to the process but it is what is. GM does not buy back from a second owner, it makes sense sorry. Good thing is you have a warranty, and GM will make it right.

Unfortunately you need a long list of problems to get GM to buy it back, also I don't think I've ever heard of them buying back a vehicle that was bought used.

I'd just calm down and give them a chance to fix it, if they can't and you're nice to them then they should help. I'm nice to my service guy and he's nice to me, courtesy goes both ways.

Also don't forget first grade grammar, It would make your rant a lot easier to read.

It's not just GM. I don't know of a single manufacture that will buy a vehicle back from a second or third owner.

Your best bet is to take it back to the dealer, let them have their 3 attempts to fix it, and if they can't lemon law it.

Not to pile on and sound like a grammar Nazi, but I agree with summit. I didn't even bother to read your complaints because that wall of text hurts my eyes.

It's not just GM. I don't know of a single manufacture that will buy a vehicle back from a second or third owner.

Your best bet is to take it back to the dealer, let them have their 3 attempts to fix it, and if they can't lemon law it.

Not to pile on and sound like a grammar Nazi, but I agree with summit. I didn't even bother to read your complaints because that wall of text hurts my eyes.

True, and how many products in general even carry warranty after the first owner not many? Sounds like unrealistic expectations.

Lemon law only applies to new vehicles. The OP has to work with a dealer.

Some states do have lemon laws for used vehicles. I know the OP is Canadian since he mentions KMs instead of miles and I'm not sure about the various provinces there.

Just want to clarify that I bought this truck brand new!I am going to give the dealer one more chance to resolve the issues.I have contacted Camvap and have been told to document everything that has gone wrong and to contact gm Canada and follow their instructions and if the truck still has the same issues when I get it back,then I can start the process of pursuing a buyback.

Thank you

Archived