Gripe NO 4X4 Indicator light on dash!, put your vote in here

As far as I understand it none of the 2014 trucks and i do not believe the 2015 Trucks have a working indicator on the cluster to tell when the truck is in 4X4

if you read the owners manual it clearly states that this indicator should illuminate when in 4x4. on the Denali it say's it will also indicate HI and LO

there is a LIGHT but as far as i know it never comes on.

My hope is that if enough of us complain about it and due to the fact GM reads these forums there might be a possibility for a software update to resolve it.

i know from experience in the past if enough of us report this issue to the dealer they make a case and if enough complaints are sent in they will do something about it.

so please comment here and if you have the time contact your local dealer to complain of this issue.

it is in the owners manual and states this is a feature that simply wasn't added but the manual states it is supposed to work.

if you take your truck in and complain that it is not working per the owners manual they will need to address it as a valid repair.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not able to upload pics (I tried and failed) but my 2015 WT with the manual 4WD has an indicator on the cluster as well. Just a little light showing the drive line saying you're in 4WD.

There is a whole DIC screen that shows what mode you're in.

OK you've forced me to be a little more detailed..

it says right here in the manual on page 5-22

5 22

and here is the light that is supposed to illuminate.

Local EWH 20024 0

yes i know there is a page to show the 4x4 status. but you should have to be on that page to get an indication that your driving in 4x4 and causing wear and tear on the transfer case.

I'm not able to upload pics (I tried and failed) but my 2015 WT with the manual 4WD has an indicator on the cluster as well. Just a little light showing the drive line saying you're in 4WD.

when you say manual 4wd are you saying you have an additional shifter and not talking about the knob on the dash?

Trucks with the manual shifter get a light. Knobs have nothing aside from the screen on 2015+. This is how it's been since 2007 so don't hold your breath.

when you say manual 4wd are you saying you have an additional shifter and not talking about the knob on the dash?

Not an additional shifter. But its the manual 4WD lever mounted on the floor. No electronics, just hard linkage. That was a huge selling point for me to take the WT blackout edition over a midnight edition.

Archived