Bose sub in 2015 LTZ?

I just purchase a 2015 Silverado crew with LTZ and the sticker says it has the 6 speaker bose premium sound system. Everything I have been reading says that any LTZ with the bose system has a subwoofer that is under the center console.

Is this statement true?

I'm just wondering because to me it doesn't really sound like it and plus I may not be a math whiz but I'm fairly certain the 6 speakers are accounted for.

I notice in description that it says the 7th speaker comes if you order bucket seats which I though was standard on LTZ's.

If you have bucket seats and a center console, then you have a subwoofy

Correct if you have the folding seat/console it does not have the subwoofer. I have the console with a sub and its only really noticeable when in park at lower volumes. Once you turn it up or start driving it drowns out.

Correct if you have the folding seat/console it does not have the subwoofer. I have the console with a sub and its only really noticeable when in park at lower volumes. Once you turn it up or start driving it drowns out.

Have you adjusted the levels at all? My subwoofer sounds great at all volume levels. I have honestly been very surprised since its a factory unit. Although I do have the 6.2L so maybe its more noticeable because of the acoustic dampening.

• Like 1

You must have something wrong with yours. Mine puts out decent amount of bass for a 6" and low powered amp

Mine is at about 60-70% and its working as it should. With wind noise and engine noise its barely noticeable, and I find its more noticeable at lower volumes. The higher you turn it up the more the treble and mids drown out the low bass. Which is common for bose products.

Edited by projectsummit
  • Like 1

Ok I'm a little confused. If you have a center console and bucket seats you do or don't have the sub?

I don't believe I have one because I turned the bass up and I didn't feel any type of boom boom coming from the console area. It seemed to only be in the doors.

Ok I'm a little confused. If you have a center console and bucket seats you do or don't have the sub?

I don't believe I have one because I turned the bass up and I didn't feel any type of boom boom coming from the console area. It seemed to only be in the doors.

If you have the Bose system and bucket seates with a center console, then you have the Bose sub.

BUT..... Don't expect it to sound like an aftermarket sub. It's not going to give you that same base thump.

I have my base and treble all the way up and the mid-range all the way down. Sounds pretty good. Low volume levels you won't hear much from the sub.

• Like 1

I have been wondering about this as well. If my truck has a sub in the console you can't feel or hear it. The doors seem to produce all of the bass in my truck.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Put a song that has some bass.. with the truck on and in park. Rest your foot on the brake pedal.. if your barefoot or have socks you will feel it more. If you have a center console and on your speaker covers say bose.. you have the sub. Bass on folks

I actually think I felt the sub today. its closer to the front of the center console than I was expecting. I'm use to bass always being under the back seat so thought it would be directly under the arm rest part but its seems to be directly under the dash portion. At least that's what it felt like.