Best Tri-fold Tonneau Cover

I am looking for a hard surface, tri fold tonneau cover. I don't want one with a vinyl cover on it that could tear and fade. I also don't want one that rests against the cab of the truck when it is entirely folded up. Are there any that lock?

What are my options? I've looked at Bakflips and Undercover flex. Any others?

Extang Solid Fold... Love it and it comes off in 3 minutes. Not the cheapest option out there but it's a well built product and a simple design.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Extang Solid Fold... Love it and it comes off in 3 minutes. Not the cheapest option out there but it's a well built product and a simple design.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Much better and nicer looking than the bakflip and more water resistant in my opinion.

I have researched for a while and just ordered an Extang Solid Fold 2.0

I will post a quick review after I get it. Manufacturer video here.

Extang Encore is another pricier option. 1" thick FRP panels, very strong. Can be lifted off without removing any clamps if you need the entire bed.

You can also hinge up the front section by itself to access the front of the bed.

The front panel has a key lock on it. By now they may have the "programmable" lock which works with our ignition keys. When I got mine in the spring that feature was not ready yet for our etched keys and I got a standard key with the cover.

Undercover flex.

You said you looked at it, what didn't you like?

I didn't really say I didn't like it, just looking for other options to look at before I make my decision. What's the durability on these covers? I plan on having my truck probably 10 years.

I didn't really say I didn't like it, just looking for other options to look at before I make my decision. What's the durability on these covers? I plan on having my truck probably 10 years.

I also plan on having my truck for a while.

My last truck I kept for 15 years and the one piece fiberglass lid I put on it was still working fine but the gel coat had started wearing through and the lift shocks were replaced a couple of times.

I'm hopeful this tri fold style will last as long but I suspect with more moving parts something will wear out.

I am ordering extra replacement clamps right away to store for future replacement if needed.

I don't know that there's such a thing as the "best."

Just depends what you are looking for. So many people like the flush look of the BAK f1 and Undercover Flex types, but they have inherent design issues that can't be overcome, in that they sit within the bed rails.

The tops that sit on, and wrap over the rails are going to be more reliable at shedding water by design, but, subjectively, don't look as nice.

It's the constant compromise between form over function and vice versa.

As for me, I'm picking up an undercover flex today, after great deliberation, and hoping it doesn't disappoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have researched quite a few covers and found the Fold a Cover G4 to be quite impressive but it doesn't seem to be very popular on here. Maybe because it is pretty pricey. I am considering that one or the Peragon right now.

I have researched for a while and just ordered an Extang Solid Fold 2.0

I will post a quick review after I get it. Manufacturer video here.

Here is the quick review of the cover http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156645-2014-truck-bed-tonneau-covers/page-60?do=findComment&comment=1670434

Any thoughts on the OEM cover for the 2015 Sierra? I found a truck at a local dealer who is not willing to delete the cover. It's GM branded from what I understand. I would be getting a cover anyway, but this eliminates my choices, unless I sell it and buy something different.

Archived