plastidip question / pic request

has anyone dipped the outside of their chrome grill and left the chrome mesh as chrome?

seen a million pics of the blacked out mesh with chrome gril. just looking for ideas!

my truck is blue so some chrome i think is OK still, but need to get rid of some of it. Thinking the headlight bezels + the mesh, or do the larger part of the grill and leave the mesh / headlight bezels chrome.

cant find pics of either of them though.. thanks!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Echavez

First of all that "hashtag" is funny as hell. Second, IMO what do you think about: White surround, Chrome grill with chrome rims. It doesn't look like you colormatched the headlight trim. So If you went "Black" surround, The chrome headlights would be thrown off......But then we could do this all night with color huh:? Like Mike said my .02 cents....lol

Echavez

First of all that "hashtag" is funny as hell. Second, IMO what do you think about: White surround, Chrome grill with chrome rims. It doesn't look like you colormatched the headlight trim. So If you went "Black" surround, The chrome headlights would be thrown off......But then we could do this all night with color huh:? Like Mike said my .02 cents....lol

I think colormatched with chrome grille and wheels would look great. Almost like a Denali. You can't really go wrong with black or chrome with some matching, it looks very modern and sleek in my opinion. Chrome bumpers just kinda throw the truck off. I like to have a certain theme going whether it's black or chrome so everything flows.

I think colormatched with chrome grille and wheels would look great. Almost like a Denali. You can't really go wrong with black or chrome with some matching, it looks very modern and sleek in my opinion. Chrome bumpers just kinda throw the truck off. I like to have a certain theme going whether it's black or chrome so everything flows.

Echavez

Did you do a headlight retrofit, or did you just replace the bulbs, and reflectors. Just looking for opinions on what's a better mod, thanks

Echavez

Did you do a headlight retrofit, or did you just replace the bulbs, and reflectors. Just looking for opinions on what's a better mod, thanks

RETROFIT!!!! If you are opening the headlights then it's worth it to upgrade the projector. You'll realize just how terrible the stock projector really is.

RETROFIT!!!! If you are opening the headlights then it's worth it to upgrade the projector. You'll realize just how terrible the stock projector really is.

Thanks Mike. I found a thread on here that really goes in depth about the particulars with respect to changing out the headlights etc. My only fear is I noticed on "realtrucks" dot com. they talk about cutting open the headlight mount (i think) in order to get to the bulbs etc, then seal it back. not sure how that'll affect warranty's if anything should happen.

Echavez

I had some work done to my headlights. An FXR 3.0 projector swap, 5000K TRS HID's, TRS Switchbacks, and of course my favorite the halos. The stock projectors aren't that great on these trucks. HID's help but you will greatly benefit form a projector swap.

Do a retrofit-money well spent.

Also do as suggested here and make the headlight trim match the grile-a color matched grille and chrome headlights look ugly-just my opinion.

Rob

Thanks brother sounds good. I was also thinking about color matching my headlight trim. I was thinking about just doing my grill surround color match and leave the drill as is. So Im hoping the color matched surround will accent the color matched headlight trim..please feel free to chime in, constructive criticism is always the best...lol

Also do as suggested here and make the headlight trim match the grile-a color matched grille and chrome headlights look ugly-just my opinion.

Rob

Thanks brother sounds good. I was also thinking about color matching my headlight trim. I was thinking about just doing my grill surround color match and leave the drill as is. So Im hoping the color matched surround will accent the color matched headlight trim..please feel free to chime in, constructive criticism is always the best...lol

Rob

Archived