Need help deciding before I pull the trigger on tires

LTeddy

I started out with Nitto TG G2's as they were a little less expensive and weighed around 10lbs less than the KO's I was also considering. The G2's rode well and were good looking tires, but I regretted not getting the KO2's when I saw them in person on my brothers truck. I sold the G2's and ordered the KO2's and couldn't be happier. They look really aggressive and no noticeable hit to mpg's.

Good to hear! I just want something great in snow that wears well since my drive is basically all highway city but out in the country they slack on plowing lol I only have 7000 on my stock sra's but they slipped in rain and I'm thinking that they won't be much help in snow plus my wife will be taking my truck 30 miles down side roads to work in winter and I want her to be safe

I ran Nitto Terra's and then Cooper AT3's on my 2002 silverado and liked both of them. The downside to each was the nittos ended up starting to break down from the inside but I think part of that was where I only drive my trucks 5k miles a year so my tires do alot of sitting. The Coopers were great but took alot of weight to balance them. We didn't have a bad winter in east TN this year but I was pleasantly surprised with the stock goodyears, they took me where ever I needed to go for the few weeks we did get alot of snow. I still don't like them because I prefer the look of a more aggressive tire.

I had AT3's on my 2001 for the past two sets. They were great tires. Drove a friend's with KO2's in the snow (I live in Buffalo, NY) and loved it. I just bought a set of KO2's that arent even on my truck yet. My only complaint with the AT3's was that they wore faster than the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors I had before that.

I like my cooper at3s. They are considerably heavier that stock tires so you'll lose some mileage. But they ride and handle way better. I've put about 7k miles on mine and they still look new.

I've also had BFGs in the past. Not the new KO2 but the regular KO. I'm sure they would be a great tire as well. I had about 50k on my BFGs when I sold that truck. And they had another 20-30k of life left.

Can't go wrong either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooper recently came out with a new series called the A/TW. To me it looks similar to the AT3 but with more siping. It's advertised as an all-season tire with an emphasis on winter traction. I can't find much for reviews since it's fairly new but it looks like a good tire. I have a couple months to decided but it's on my list.

Have made more than 20,000km on my BFG's A/T KO2 and they still look like the day I bought them. We had record breaking snow last winter and they performed good enough that I am still not considering buying winter tires this year. They did affect my mpg but for the gravel road driving I do and winter we have in eastern Canada, I needed something better than the original SRA.

Cooper recently came out with a new series called the A/TW. To me it looks similar to the AT3 but with more siping. It's advertised as an all-season tire with an emphasis on winter traction. I can't find much for reviews since it's fairly new but it looks like a good tire. I have a couple months to decided but it's on my list.

Just installed a set. Too early to make a judgement, but they seem nicer, though a bit noiser, then the stock Grabbers. I'm hoping for a big snowstorm this winter...

Just installed a set. Too early to make a judgement, but they seem nicer, though a bit noiser, then the stock Grabbers. I'm hoping for a big snowstorm this winter...

Thanks for the info. Keep us posted on their performance. When you say "stock Grabbers" what tire are you referring to? Oh and what size ATW did you go with?

Archived